Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 53,750 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

problem with play store

Tip us?

Supermatt01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default problem with play store

I didn't see this posted yet so I had to ask, has anyone else had trouble with the play store? Every time I want to open the play store it says that there is no connection. I've tried it on perfect 3G and WiFi with the same results. The app will start and then it will show my email address and some options but at the same time it says there's no data connection. I'm on the stock ROM ROW 124. I've noticed many instabilities with this ROM, but this is the worst problem so far. Apart from that the next worst is that it often stalls, sometimes up to 15 to 20 seconds. Often that happens when changing apps or starting an application.

stympy
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermatt01 View Post
I didn't see this posted yet so I had to ask, has anyone else had trouble with the play store? Every time I want to open the play store it says that there is no connection. I've tried it on perfect 3G and WiFi with the same results. The app will start and then it will show my email address and some options but at the same time it says there's no data connection. I'm on the stock ROM ROW 124. I've noticed many instabilities with this ROM, but this is the worst problem so far. Apart from that the next worst is that it often stalls, sometimes up to 15 to 20 seconds. Often that happens when changing apps or starting an application.
Hi. I have installed this ROM on 2 phones for about a week for intensive use. I have never encountered this kind of problems.

Supermatt01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by stympy View Post
Hi. I have installed this ROM on 2 phones for about a week for intensive use. I have never encountered this kind of problems.
Well like I said it's a strange problem, but it's a problem that I have nonetheless. And every time it happens I have to reinstall the ROM to fix it. I tried clearing out recently installed apps and the dalvic and such with no luck. So after three weeks of the problem I decided to post this question. Which ROM would you suggest for the most stability and battery life?

stympy
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Well like I said it's a strange problem, but it's a problem that I have nonetheless. And every time it happens I have to reinstall the ROM to fix it. I tried clearing out recently installed apps and the dalvic and such with no luck. So after three weeks of the problem I decided to post this question. Which ROM would you suggest for the most stability and battery life?
I have from about 10 month Life ROM Iinstalled. With some patches to update some modules(Modems and some apps like:ideafriend,music,compas,flashlight)
Updates you will find here:https://drive.google.com/folderview?...0E&usp=sharing
ROM here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/leno...-p780-t2666626.
Try this one or..
XVIBE ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/leno...-p780-t2665791
From monday i will install on new Lenovo P780 bought for my wife from China!

THIS TWO ARE FROM THIS RUSSIAN OR UCRAINIAN SUPER COMUNITY
: http://lenovo-forums.ru
THANKS TO XAKEP AND ALL CONTRIBUTORS FOM THAT FORUM.

Supermatt01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
I have from about 10 month Life ROM Iinstalled. With some patches to update some modules(Modems and some apps like:ideafriend,music,compas,flashlight)
Updates you will find here:https://drive.google.com/folderview?...0E&usp=sharing
ROM here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/leno...-p780-t2666626.
Try this one or..
XVIBE ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/leno...-p780-t2665791
From monday i will install on new Lenovo P780 bought for my wife from China!

THIS TWO ARE FROM THIS RUSSIAN OR UCRAINIAN SUPER COMUNITY
: http://lenovo-forums.ru
THANKS TO XAKEP AND ALL CONTRIBUTORS FOM THAT FORUM.
I've had a lot of trouble trying to switch to the Chinese base and even more trouble trying to switch back. Which is the best for row with 8gb internal memory?

Dagon84
Old
(Last edited by Dagon84; 4th July 2014 at 09:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
I had this problem on the AOSP 1.8 China. The GAPPS that i used are for 4.4.2, you should look for the one of your Android Version.

I know that the rom is different, but here there are my steps for the INSTALLATION of AOSPand to solve the ISSUE ABOUT GOOGLE ACCOUNTS, i think it should work even for your rom:

- I installed Vibe UI with Flashtools, just booted to check it then I rebooted in recovery. I didn't put any google account on it.
- From recovery I installed the AOSP 1.8 4.4.2
- At the first boot I get this 2 messages: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped" "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped" and I can't go on seting up the phone.
- Back in recovery tried a wipe to factory settings, it works, so I enter in the O.S.

Then
- Once in the O.S. I cant get to login in my Google Accounts, I get "there was a problem communicating with Google Servers"
- Back in recovery tried another wipe to factory settings, it DOES NOT works.
- From recovery I flashed again AOSP 1.8 over the AOSP 1.8, it DOES NOT works.
- Downloaded the GApps_Light_4.4.2_signed.zip, it DOES NOT works.
- So i was tired, and I installed from recovery SLX v26a CHINA.
- In SLX v26 I tried to log in with Google Play, and I logged in with success.
- Back in recovery I flashed again AOSP 1.8 over the SLX v26 china.
- Booting the AOSP 1.8, Google Play icon and files exist, but in SETTINGS->ACCOUNT there is no option to put a Google Account (only standard EMAIL ICON) and if you try adding it from Google Play, it crashes.
- Again, back in recovery, I Installed again GApps_Light_4.4.2_signed.zip
- Still in recovery, I tried a Wipe to Factory
- Back in the O.S. I tried to add an account in Settings->Accounts, and finally it works.

I found GApps_Light_4.4.2_signed.zip on XDA but i cant remember the address of the discussion. Mine was of size of 47.4 MB not the one of 50 MB, the second ones gave me an error in recovery.
Here there is the file from my GDrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwG...it?usp=sharing

Regards.
My WebSite: www.FrancescoDeRosa.net
If my help was appreciated, please press the thanks button!
Find me on G+

Supermatt01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagon84 View Post
I had this problem on the AOSP 1.8 China. The GAPPS that i used are for 4.4.2, you should look for the one of your Android Version.

I know that the rom is different, but here there are my steps for the INSTALLATION of AOSPand to solve the ISSUE ABOUT GOOGLE ACCOUNTS, i think it should work even for your rom:

- I installed Vibe UI with Flashtools, just booted to check it then I rebooted in recovery. I didn't put any google account on it.
- From recovery I installed the AOSP 1.8 4.4.2
- At the first boot I get this 2 messages: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped" "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped" and I can't go on seting up the phone.
- Back in recovery tried a wipe to factory settings, it works, so I enter in the O.S.

Then
- Once in the O.S. I cant get to login in my Google Accounts, I get "there was a problem communicating with Google Servers"
- Back in recovery tried another wipe to factory settings, it DOES NOT works.
- From recovery I flashed again AOSP 1.8 over the AOSP 1.8, it DOES NOT works.
- Downloaded the GApps_Light_4.4.2_signed.zip, it DOES NOT works.
- So i was tired, and I installed from recovery SLX v26a CHINA.
- In SLX v26 I tried to log in with Google Play, and I logged in with success.
- Back in recovery I flashed again AOSP 1.8 over the SLX v26 china.
- Booting the AOSP 1.8, Google Play icon and files exist, but in SETTINGS->ACCOUNT there is no option to put a Google Account (only standard EMAIL ICON) and if you try adding it from Google Play, it crashes.
- Again, back in recovery, I Installed again GApps_Light_4.4.2_signed.zip
- Still in recovery, I tried a Wipe to Factory
- Back in the O.S. I tried to add an account in Settings->Accounts, and finally it works.

I found GApps_Light_4.4.2_signed.zip on XDA but i cant remember the address of the discussion. Mine was of size of 47.4 MB not the one of 50 MB, the second ones gave me an error in recovery.
Here there is the file from my GDrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwG...it?usp=sharing

Regards.
Well I'm not getting any force closes. I'm on the stock ROM that I bought it with. It's just rooted and TWRP recovery. I want to try the Vibe UI ROM but getting the darn thing to switch to a China base has been killer. So I don't know how this could be a gapps problem as I never had to flash gapps on this unit. If you know an easy way to flash over to a version of kitkat on an 8 gb set I would be very grateful for your imput. I think that my trouble is coming from the OS 4.2.1. I like Droid 4.3. It's still jelly bean but it's better than 4.2.1. I read on the Chinese site that version 124 is unstable, But I've had a horror of a time changing it.

stympy
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Well I'm not getting any force closes. I'm on the stock ROM that I bought it with. It's just rooted and TWRP recovery. I want to try the Vibe UI ROM but getting the darn thing to switch to a China base has been killer. So I don't know how this could be a gapps problem as I never had to flash gapps on this unit. If you know an easy way to flash over to a version of kitkat on an 8 gb set I would be very grateful for your imput. I think that my trouble is coming from the OS 4.2.1. I like Droid 4.3. It's still jelly bean but it's better than 4.2.1. I read on the Chinese site that version 124 is unstable, But I've had a horror of a time changing it.
What is your stock rom ?

Supermatt01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
What is your stock rom ?
Stock Lenovo P780 Row 124S 8GB

Tags
play store problems