Ask a question

No registration required

Problem with SIM cards after kitkat update

OP yagudin

2nd September 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
hello good night. i am writing from Portugal and the problem is this. i made an OTA update do the S222 row Kitkat and all went well. the phone boots normally and works well without the SIM cards. after i put the SIM cards the problem begun. the phone does not recognize the SIM cards and it pops up continually a message on the screen "com.android as stoped" whitch make virtually impossible to work with the phone.

i read that it might be a problem with the modem, could you tell me the best way to solve this situation ? can i flash only the modem with the recovery , and for portugal what would be the proper modem to flash ? 2G network work with 900/1800 and 3G with 2100

i saw the topic of stympy, and the diferent modems that he shows.

could you help me please, i would like to try kitkat but at the moment it is impossible for the reasons that i explained

thanks in advance and sorry for my english.
Last edited by yagudin; 2nd September 2014 at 10:48 PM. Reason: word mistake
3rd September 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 315

716 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagudin

hello good night. i am writing from Portugal and the problem is this. i made an OTA update do the S222 row Kitkat and all went well. the phone boots normally and works well without the SIM cards. after i put the SIM cards the problem begun. the phone does not recognize the SIM cards and it pops up continually a message on the screen "com.android as stoped" whitch make virtually impossible to work with the phone.

i read that it might be a problem with the modem, could you tell me the best way to solve this situation ? can i flash only the modem with the recovery , and for portugal what would be the proper modem to flash ? 2G network work with 900/1800 and 3G with 2100

i saw the topic of stympy, and the diferent modems that he shows.

could you help me please, i would like to try kitkat but at the moment it is impossible for the reasons that i explained

thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Hi. To answer you question, you may try this:
First you must root your phone and install custom recovery TWRP.
Here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/leno...itkat-t2835605
And here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/leno...y-kit-t2849538
Now go to my post How about some modems, here:https://drive.google.com/folderview?...VpDTDcxYW4taDQ
Download and flash ONLY the ones from EUROPA.

Good Luck.
4th September 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
hello. for now still no sucess, the message "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" keeps pop up, i tried several modems and none of them work. i will go on trying and them i will give feed back. thanks for the help
4th September 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
hello, maybe could you help me. i returned to the previous version that i had, installed, which is version X-viberom by xakep. the baseband version for that rom is the V52, which i presume is for chinese version. i think that the x-Viberom as chinese version for base.
with that baseband i never had any problem with the SIM cards, the two work without any problem .
the question that i would like you to help me is the following: with that baseband V52 i have to install a chinese rom or is it possible to install that modem over a ROW version ?

thank you very much for the help
4th September 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
hello. i already solve the problem, and after all it was so easy. i disable automatic date and time and automatic time zone and went to apps, phone and then i perfomr clear data and voila, the phone works perfect. thank you for all
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread