HELP!!! My lenovo p780 dead, does not boot.

OP bonbonbillo

18th August 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
My Lenovo P780 does not boot any more. Push power button, nothing happened. Connect by usb cable, only red led works. What can I do?
Bought from china, chinaunicomm customed phone. I tried flash, but can not connect it to computer.
18th August 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #2  

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbonbillo

My Lenovo P780 does not boot any more. Push power button, nothing happened. Connect by usb cable, only red led works. What can I do?
Bought from china, chinaunicomm customed phone. I tried flash, but can not connect it to computer.

Did u installed p780 drivers into your Pc ?
u must if u want to flash it .
18th August 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
Quote:

It's easy to fix Just follow my steps.
1.Prepare the rom which was running ok before,for example, for me it was @satanduck 's prerooted TWRP S124 rom.
2.Open the SP flash tool.
3.Load the scatter file from the rom which worked ok for you.
4.Tick the box that says 'DA DL All With Check Sum'
5.Hit Firmware Upgrade
Now is the hardest step
1.Open the cover of your phone.
2.Look for the red reset button which was close to SD card and press it a few times.
3.Connect USB cable to your phone and firmware upgrade should start and wait for the green circle!

Best luck
18th August 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 276

616 posts
Quote:

What have you done to your phone? Did you install or flash something? Did you change something in system ?

Sent from my Lenovo P780 with TWRP 2.7.1.1
18th August 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glixbourkt

Did u installed p780 drivers into your Pc ?
u must if u want to flash it .

Yes, I installed mtk usb drivers. but Iīm not sure if itīs ok o no. Because I have to connect the battery and push volume+up button to make it connected. and itīll disappear immediately in device management window.
18th August 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stympy

What have you done to your phone? Did you install or flash something? Did you change something in system ?

Sent from my Lenovo P780 with TWRP 2.7.1.1

Just tried to root, but not completed. and then tried flash to rescue, but not yet get it connected to computer.
18th August 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngultimate

It's easy to fix Just follow my steps.
1.Prepare the rom which was running ok before,for example, for me it was @satanduck 's prerooted TWRP S124 rom.
2.Open the SP flash tool.
3.Load the scatter file from the rom which worked ok for you.
4.Tick the box that says 'DA DL All With Check Sum'
5.Hit Firmware Upgrade
Now is the hardest step
1.Open the cover of your phone.
2.Look for the red reset button which was close to SD card and press it a few times.
3.Connect USB cable to your phone and firmware upgrade should start and wait for the green circle!

Best luck

I can not get it connected to computer. Only when I push volume+up button,and connect the usb cable, it can be found. But then it disappears immediately in device management window. can not continue to flash.
18th August 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #8  
Flag Lelystad
Thanks Meter: 6

325 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi,

Please verify that you have a correct production date. I got a P780 after 0314. please try the solution on this post

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=16

If this resolves your problem, that keep that preloader. With that you can almost flash every rom that there is with the flashtool.

(i'm very satisfied with the latest rom on needrom Vibeui2.0 (the rom page also offers the new preloader )

Greetz,

btw to try to flash with the new preloader set up the flashtool, push the red button on the back of your phone, connect the phone an release the button. If all the drivers are correct your phone will be flashed. ( this new batch phones gave me a heart attack also , mine wasn't even 12 hours active before i softbricked it )
Last edited by Re-Mi; 18th August 2014 at 08:05 PM.
19th August 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Mi

Hi,

Please verify that you have a correct production date. I got a P780 after 0314. please try the solution on this post

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=16

If this resolves your problem, that keep that preloader. With that you can almost flash every rom that there is with the flashtool.

(i'm very satisfied with the latest rom on needrom Vibeui2.0 (the rom page also offers the new preloader )

Greetz,

btw to try to flash with the new preloader set up the flashtool, push the red button on the back of your phone, connect the phone an release the button. If all the drivers are correct your phone will be flashed. ( this new batch phones gave me a heart attack also , mine wasn't even 12 hours active before i softbricked it )

When I push the red button, phone can not be recognized by computer. Only I press the volume-up button, it can be recognized by computer.
I start the flash, then push volume-up button to make it connected, but then got BROM error. I attach the screen picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brom error.JPG - [Click for QR Code] (147.6 KB, 23 views)
19th August 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 276

616 posts
Quote:

When I push the red button, phone can not be recognized by computer. Only I press the volume-up button, it can be recognized by computer.
I start the flash, then push volume-up button to make it connected, but then got BROM error. I attach the screen picture.

You must have this FlashTool - SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119. Not Optional.
Check if your phone is produced in 2014. If it is you must use another preloader.
Attached Files
File Type: zip preloader.zip - [Click for QR Code] (63.8 KB, 17 views)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread