Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] SLX Lenovo P780 Boot Loop on Screen Lock

OP Dagon84

7th May 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

39 posts
More
Hi guys, I have an issue with the SLX v24a.

I was using the default stock lock screen till a couple days ago, when suddently, when I put my device in sleep mode, the phone started to reboot automatically and do this over and over again.

If I'm not quick to wake the device when it enters in lock screen, it start to enter this BOOT LOOP MODE

Here there is a video showing the problem, unlucky I'm talking in italian describing what i wrote in this post, so there is no need to listen me

I didn't solved the problem, but I just deactivated the screen lock for the moment.

Someone on the italian forum suggested that was some application in acctivated in Accessibility that generate the problem, but I have the following configuration from the very fiorst day i had SLX v23

Any help and solution will be appreciate
Last edited by Dagon84; 7th May 2014 at 11:15 AM.
7th May 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 298

657 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagon84

Hi guys, I have an issue with the SLX v24a.

I was using the default stock lock screen till a couple days ago, when suddently, when I put my device in sleep mode, the phone started to reboot automatically and do this over and over again.

If I'm not quick to wake the device when it enters in lock screen, it start to enter this BOOT LOOP MODE

Here there is a video showing the problem, unlucky I'm talking in italian describing what i wrote in this post, so there is no need to listen me

I didn't solved the problem, but I just deactivated the screen lock for the moment.

Someone on the italian forum suggested that was some application in acctivated in Accessibility that generate the problem, but I have the following configuration from the very fiorst day i had SLX v23

Any help and solution will be appreciate

Hi. It seems to me from what i see in that movie, that you have some cleaner that cleans some system applications. Look in that cleaner and see what apps cleans. That cleaner seems to me, is the problem. Try to deactivate and see what is going on.
7th May 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stympy

Hi. It seems to me from what i see in that movie, that you have some cleaner that cleans some system applications. Look in that cleaner and see what apps cleans. That cleaner seems to me, is the problem. Try to deactivate and see what is going on.

Sorry, I didn't mention that I always had the ram booster installed and working correctly.

I checked the update of Gravity Box and I noticed that I upgraded the same day I found this bug. Unlucky I don't remember if I updated it before or after the problem.

Now I will proceed to deactivate GB and Ram Booster.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using XDA Free mobile app
7th May 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #4  

657 posts
Quote:

Sorry, I didn't mention that I always had the ram booster installed and working correctly.

I checked the update of Gravity Box and I noticed that I upgraded the same day I found this bug. Unlucky I don't remember if I updated it before or after the problem.

Now I will proceed to deactivate GB and Ram Booster.

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using XDA Free mobile app

Ok i understand. Check and tell us iff it is a GravityBox bug or conflict with your Ram Booster.
7th May 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

39 posts
More
Quote:

Ok i understand. Check and tell us iff it is a GravityBox bug or conflict with your Ram Booster.

Unlucky, disabling both Gravity BOX and Ram Booster, I get the reboot of the device anyway.

Really strange, because it started to happen on 3 May morning after I shout the alarm at 8 in the morning.

Any other suggestion?
7th May 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #6  

657 posts
Quote:

Unlucky, disabling both Gravity BOX and Ram Booster, I get the reboot of the device anyway.

Really strange, because it started to happen on 3 May morning after I shout the alarm at 8 in the morning.

Any other suggestion?

This is strange. I want to know something. What was your first firmware. ROW or Chinese? Did you installed this Custom ROM on clean firmware ? I installed this Custom Rom myself on other custom rom like LIFE v0.7 and i have no such problems!
Maibe you cann try to install on stock rom and it will work!
7th May 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

39 posts
More
Quote:

This is strange. I want to know something. What was your first firmware. ROW or Chinese? Did you installed this Custom ROM on clean firmware ? I installed this Custom Rom myself on other custom rom like LIFE v0.7 and i have no such problems!
Maibe you cann try to install on stock rom and it will work!

Well, my phone is the 4gb Chinese version, the original ROM is the one from ETOTALK with chinese Recovery.

Then i put the S116 ROW using the SP Flashtools, erasing everything, and installing the TWRP 2.5.0.0 for ROW roms.

From that point I installed the SLX 23a, then I reparted the storage in order to have 2.45 gb.
Nearly 1 month ago I updated to 24a via recovery, ereasing Dalvik Cache and Cache, but not DATA, then instaled the update.
I skipped the uptade v24, jumping directly from 23a to 24a
Everythink was fine and I had no problems at all.

Another user on the italian forum said that he had the same issue with the lockscreen, but was related to an app activated in accessibility mode (for that reason I attacched the 2 scereenshots).

------

I just cleared the Dalvik cache but nothing happens...
Last edited by Dagon84; 7th May 2014 at 05:32 PM.
7th May 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #8  

657 posts
Quote:

Well, my phone is the 4gb Chinese version, the original ROM is the one from ETOTALK with chinese Recovery.

Then i put the S116 ROW using the SP Flashtools, erasing everything, and installing the TWRP 2.5.0.0 for ROW roms.

From that point I installed the SLX 23a, then I reparted the storage in order to have 2.45 gb.
Nearly 1 month ago I updated to 24a via recovery, ereasing Dalvik Cache and Cache, but not DATA, then instaled the update.
I skipped the uptade v24, jumping directly from 23a to 24a
Everythink was fine and I had no problems at all.

Another user on the italian forum said that he had the same issue with the lockscreen, but was related to an app activated in accessibility mode (for that reason I attacched the 2 scereenshots).

------

I just cleared the Dalvik cache but nothing happens...

Strange ... I dont see any app that is related to that kind of error on Accesibility options !
I know it sounds strange, but try every option there with Enable then Desable!
One more question! Why is your green led on? is any missed call or message ?
Last edited by stympy; 7th May 2014 at 06:45 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread