[Q] SLXROM - strange partitioning (?)

Search This thread

panDroidx9

Apr 23, 2014
Hi,

I installed the SLXROM yesterday on my P780 and I am quite happy with it so far. I know that there is discussion going on about this Rom in the russian lenovo forum where this has been posted, but unfortunatley my russian is a bit rusty (and google translator is just not mature enoughto follow a discussion in a forum).

So here is the thing:
My phone shows 3 different storage spaces: Internal Storage (0.98GB), SD card (1.45 GB) and Phone storage (3.69 GB), so my 4 GB sd card is actually shown as phone storage and the internal storage is detected as sd card which brings quite a bit of nastiness with it, since some apps write their data to sd card which in that case means the internal storage, while the sd card stays ~empty.

Is this a bug or is it supposed to be like this?

Cheers.
panDroid

Dagon84

Mar 22, 2014
www.FrancescoDeRosa.net
Hi,

I installed the SLXROM yesterday on my P780 and I am quite happy with it so far. I know that there is discussion going on about this Rom in the russian lenovo forum where this has been posted, but unfortunatley my russian is a bit rusty (and google translator is just not mature enoughto follow a discussion in a forum).

So here is the thing:
My phone shows 3 different storage spaces: Internal Storage (0.98GB), SD card (1.45 GB) and Phone storage (3.69 GB), so my 4 GB sd card is actually shown as phone storage and the internal storage is detected as sd card which brings quite a bit of nastiness with it, since some apps write their data to sd card which in that case means the internal storage, while the sd card stays ~empty.

Is this a bug or is it supposed to be like this?

Cheers.
panDroid

This is the default partitioning of the Lenovo P780
Here there is the solution that you are looking about: repartition!!!

Code:
xdaforums.com/lenovo-p780/general/p780-repartition-storage-t2668744

panDroidx9

Apr 23, 2014
Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. i followed the steps in the linked post, but now I have the following situation:

still 3 partitions: internal storage (2.44GB), SD Card (~5MB), Phone storage (4GB). So, the repartitioning worked, but the (now very small partition) is still detected as sdcard (which of course now leads to a lot of weird problems with apps trying to write to external storage).

Any advice?

Cheers.

Dagon84

Mar 22, 2014
www.FrancescoDeRosa.net
Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. i followed the steps in the linked post, but now I have the following situation:

still 3 partitions: internal storage (2.44GB), SD Card (~5MB), Phone storage (4GB). So, the repartitioning worked, but the (now very small partition) is still detected as sdcard (which of course now leads to a lot of weird problems with apps trying to write to external storage).

Any advice?

Cheers.

Yep.

My situation after the installation and the repartition was the same for you but i have done the following steps:

went to SETTINGS -> STORAGE and clicked on PREFERRED INSTALL LOCATION -> selected SD CARD

k-VMeTgqD6RqU9L9Tkgj_dXyz8ODuTwfC6F7MNWnBw=w457-h810-no

Selected DEFAULT WRITE DISK as SD CARD, then REBOOTED

Screenshot_2014-03-01-12-01-28.png

My FINAL situation was:

2.45 GB internal storage

Screenshot_2014-03-01-12-01-42.png

8GB of external SDcard

Screenshot_2014-03-01-12-01-50.png

5MB of Phone storage, never used.

Screenshot_2014-03-01-12-02-00.png

Hope it's helpful.

DON2003

Apr 24, 2005
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 3a XL
just read this now after flash SLX, but already installed apps and restore backups of sms etc,
if I flash the repartition, should I return to default write disk to internal sd first?
will all data deleted?

Dagon84

Mar 22, 2014
www.FrancescoDeRosa.net
just read this now after flash SLX, but already installed apps and restore backups of sms etc,
if I flash the repartition, should I return to default write disk to internal sd first?
will all data deleted?

I'll suggest you to backup everything, even the ROM installation from recovery, then run the repartition, and restore SMS and apps.

If something fails, you can restore the backup from recovery.

Good luck!!