[ROM][d955][VengeanceFlex] Miui v5 4.9.5

28th September 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #111  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,564

1,807 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannejanne

As I said seems like stock...

I tried that but with same result (Lux). Something in the background going on.

Okay .. Can you please try this test build : http://Roms.gerrett84.de/d955/test/m...peremintal.zip
28th September 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #112  
Flag Írebro, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 373

1,404 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrett

Okay .. Can you please try this test build : http://Roms.gerrett84.de/d955/test/m...peremintal.zip

Yeah sure downloading now will try soon.
28th September 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #113  
Flag Írebro, Sweden

1,404 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrett

I have tried dirty flashing but it was still there. Do I need to clean flash and try? Will do that tomorrow then because now it's bedtime.
29th September 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #114  
Flag Írebro, Sweden

1,404 posts
More
After flashing the new update and going back to my backup I get a message about binding my SIM at every boot. But the activation always fails now with a server error. It worked on previous clean flashes. Not sure if it really is server error or if it's some kind of bug introduced.
Last edited by dannejanne; 29th September 2014 at 07:01 AM.
29th September 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #115  
Flag Írebro, Sweden

1,404 posts
More
I've done more testing now and while the issue is not 100% it seems better. Not sure if it's my imagination though or placebo.

However I can't setup this new experimental version. No matter what it won't let me install the Google apps installer from the market I get a "Can't install" every single time and I have rebooted like 10 times. I always got that error at first boot before too but reboot fixed it. But not anymore. So I can't get access to Google apps and have to return to the previous version. Or do you have any tips to get it working?

Don't bust your head on this issue though. I'm starting to get used to the behaviour.
Last edited by dannejanne; 29th September 2014 at 09:44 AM.
29th September 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #116  
OP Senior Member

1,807 posts
That could be a placbo, but not sure .. Will check your issues, thanks for posting. I updated some framework stuff which may can cause some issues ..

This will be soon the "final" update :P
29th September 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #117  
Flag Írebro, Sweden

1,404 posts
More
Trying to dig around to see if the auto-adjusting of the brightness can be disabled by editing some file.

I'm guessing it might have something to do with the file /sys/class/panel/oled/bl_tune_mode

(I noticed changing this value to 0 makes it possible to dim the screen to almost completely dark with the regular brightness slider, do dark you can only see the screen faint in very dark room, takes away the need for Lux for me personally)

However if I change that value to 0 it always reverts back to 1 after a reboot.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

I found the culprit. It's /sys/class/panel/oled/img_tune_mode

Setting that value to 0 completely disables the auto-adjust screen tone without rebooting. However a reboot reverts it to value 1 again so I have to change it back. Not that it takes long but would be nice to not have to do it on every boot and I guess it could be fixed with some kind of script. I'm not very good at that stuff though just a casual advanced user =)

Disabling this has mostly advantages if you ask me. The screen gets brighter and the whites are whiter. And also the screen stops doing that annoying flickering in many situations.
Last edited by dannejanne; 29th September 2014 at 06:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #118  
OP Senior Member

1,807 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannejanne

Trying to dig around to see if the auto-adjusting of the brightness can be disabled by editing some file.

I'm guessing it might have something to do with the file /sys/class/panel/oled/bl_tune_mode

(I noticed changing this value to 0 makes it possible to dim the screen to almost completely dark with the regular brightness slider, do dark you can only see the screen faint in very dark room, takes away the need for Lux for me personally)

However if I change that value to 0 it always reverts back to 1 after a reboot.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

I found the culprit. It's /sys/class/panel/oled/img_tune_mode

Setting that value to 0 completely disables the auto-adjust screen tone without rebooting. However a reboot reverts it to value 1 again so I have to change it back. Not that it takes long but would be nice to not have to do it on every boot and I guess it could be fixed with some kind of script. I'm not very good at that stuff though just a casual advanced user =)

Disabling this has mostly advantages if you ask me. The screen gets brighter and the whites are whiter. And also the screen stops doing that annoying flickering in many situations.

Thanks for figuring that out will add it on the final build
The Following User Says Thank You to Gerrett For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 03:09 PM   |  #119  
Flag Írebro, Sweden

1,404 posts
More
So happy to see that Viper4Android works beautifully on this ROM. Falling in love with MIUI all over again. It's just special and the theming engine beats the crap out of CM's.

The Following User Says Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread