5th October 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #131  
Flag Írebro, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 380

1,437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrett

Now I'm running a stock deodexd 4.4.2 rom, which will be the base for miui

Do you notice that software sharpening at all? It's mostly noticable if you for example have the browser open and pull down the notification shade. Where the shadow will darken the screen the sharpening artefacts would be very visible around text. In landscape orientation most things looked bad and oversharpened and was more noticable than when in portrait. I could see it all over the place all the time although some things were free from it.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee

what do you need for this rom to work on the D950?

No idea I'm running D955 myself.
6th October 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #132  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,578

1,823 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee

what do you need for this rom to work on the D950?

Will later come back to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannejanne

Do you notice that software sharpening at all? It's mostly noticable if you for example have the browser open and pull down the notification shade. Where the shadow will darken the screen the sharpening artefacts would be very visible around text. In landscape orientation most things looked bad and oversharpened and was more noticable than when in portrait. I could see it all over the place all the time although some things were free from it.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

No idea I'm running D955 myself.

Yep, i see it. I've started the work on Miui based on 4.4.2 .. it will be a long way and i didn't accept something bootable in the next 2 weeks. Why? Cause every error which cause a bootloop takes a lot of time. Building rom -> flash rom -> log error -> find error -> fix error -> rebuild rom -> boot windows -> flash .tot file -> restore root/twrp -> reflash new build & reboot to ubuntu. I will again use gtblueskys work and patchrom to safe alot of time. Patching hooks without a full working recovery will need to much time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gerrett For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th October 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #133  
Flag Írebro, Sweden

1,437 posts
More
Quote:

Will later come back to you

Yep, i see it. I've started the work on Miui based on 4.4.2 .. it will be a long way and i didn't accept something bootable in the next 2 weeks. Why? Cause every error which cause a bootloop takes a lot of time. Building rom -> flash rom -> log error -> find error -> fix error -> rebuild rom -> boot windows -> flash .tot file -> restore root/twrp -> reflash new build & reboot to ubuntu. I will again use gtblueskys work and patchrom to safe alot of time. Patching hooks without a full working recovery will need to much time.

You're doing a great job! No stress it takes the time it takes to get it working.
The Following User Says Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #134  
OP Senior Member

1,823 posts
Quote:

You're doing a great job! No stress it takes the time it takes to get it working.

Its only a status update
Can you please share your LGFreedom folder? Playfulgod's server is down and I need the recovery to restore/flash
8th October 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #135  
Flag Írebro, Sweden

1,437 posts
More
Quote:

Its only a status update
Can you please share your LGFreedom folder? Playfulgod's server is down and I need the recovery to restore/flash

Sure no problem here you go...

https://mega.co.nz/#!r0AigD7T!h2k_sv...Ubhl5RqPlgh-6Q
The Following User Says Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #136  
OP Senior Member

1,823 posts
Quote:

Sure no problem here you go...

https://mega.co.nz/#!r0AigD7T!h2k_sv...Ubhl5RqPlgh-6Q

Great, thanks
9th October 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #137  
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
How would i use the zip to flash recovery? Noob question i know but im also in a pinch to flash recovery.

Sent from my LG-D959
9th October 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #138  
Thanks Meter: 295

542 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjj44

How would i use the zip to flash recovery? Noob question i know but im also in a pinch to flash recovery.

Sent from my LG-D959

You can't just flash or push the recovery.IMG since our variant requires another boot.IMG to get by the locked boot loader. And with the server down you will need both the current boot.IMG and the recovery.IMG of either TWRP or CWM. And you'll have to push with adb from your PC. And that's not a noob thing to be doing. Your best bet is to wait until his server is back up. Plus there's not really a whole you can flash. No ROMs besides my "FLEX THIS" deodexed stock 4.2.2 and defuses stock KitKat 4.4.2. But if you go to KitKat you'll have no custom recovery anyway. So be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattwheat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread