YOUR STOCK ROM ON PC
THIS IS FOR LG G FLEX ON JELLY BEAN 4.2.2
HAS NOT BEEN TESTED ON KITKAT 4.4
THIS IS NOT FOR ANYONE WHO IS NOT
COMFORTABLE WITH "ADB" AND ITS COMMANDS!!!
IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHOICE TO FOLLOW THIS GUIDE OR IF YOU STRAY FROM THE GUIDE AND SCREW UP YOUR DEVICE BY JAMMING FORKS IN THE USB PORT OR USING IT AS A FLOATATION DEVICE (doesnt work, i tried, sinks right to the bottom)
So with that said lets begin.
1.Download android-sdk & extract it. http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
2. Download xUltimate v2.4.2 & extract it. http://www.xeudoxus.com/android/xUltimate-v2.4.2.zip
3.Copy the extracted android-sdk contents to a new folder youre going to create in C:/Program Files/Android
4.Change name in this folder there is a folder named SDK change it to Android.sdk.
So that you end up with a folder inside C:/Program Files/Android named "Android.sdk" C:/Program Files/Android/Android.sdk
In that folder you should have :
FOR THOSE OF YOU, IF YOURE LIKE ME AND HAVE HAD SDK/ADB INSTALLED FOR A WHILE ON YOUR PC YOU MAY NEED TO UPDATE TO VERSION 1.0.31 OR NEWER. I HAD TO AND THAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE. JUST PULL THESE FILES OUT OF THE NEW VERSION AND PASTE WHERE YOU HAVE YOUR SDK/ADB SET UP
FILES TO COPY AND PASTE
THAT SHOULD HAVE YOU UP TO DATE
5. You need to flash back to stock and reroot. For this you can follow this thread to do so :
6. I hope it goes with out saying, MAKE A BACKUP AND SAVE IT SOMEWHERE BESIDES YOU PHONE AS WELL AS ON YOUR PHONE !!!!!
7. Make sure usb debugging in enabled. If you dont no how to do this then you shouldnt be doing this and you best bet would be to go to the PLAY STORE and download GO LAUNCHER and some GO themes to make your phone "prettier" This is for themers out there to be able to have a deodexed rom (system/app folder & system/framework folder) to be able to theme and mod.
8. Connect your phone to your computer.
9. Launch Main.exe In the xultimate folder. (run as administrator)
10. Select option 1 (pull /system/app) wait till its done it will take 20+ mins
11. Select option 2 (pull /system/framework) wait till its done it will take about half as long
12. Select option 3 (Deodex /system/app) wait till its done
[If encounter any error. Find out which .odex file it is . Then remove .odex file from the origi_app in xUltimate folder]
13. Select option 4 (Deodex /system/framework) wait till its done
14. Now select EXIT.
15. Rename the folder "done_app" to "app" and the "done_frame" to "framework"
16. Copy the 2 files you just renamed to the root of your sdcard on you your LG G Flex.
17. Now youre done with the hard part and the time consuming part.
PUT BACK WHERE THE BELONG
THIS IS WHERE YOULL NEED TO USE adb.
2. Navigate to where you put your sdk files you extracted earlier.
3. Now in the Android.sdk folder hold "shift" and right click inside folder then select from the drop down menu "open command prompt here"
If this is the first time youve used adb on this phone then make sure you get the supersu prompt asking for permission to use adb from this PC.
4. Enter these commands one line at a time and hit enter after each line. Some lines may take several minutes to do their thing but be patient it will give you another cursor and cmd prmt line to type on. (VERY IMPORTANT TO DO THIS EXACTLY PER INSTRUCTIONS !!!!!) !!!!!! DONT ENTER ANYTHING IN RED ITS JUST EXPLANATION !!!
adb devices should see your device
mount -o rw,remount /system/ /system/
cp /sdcard/app/* /system/app/
cp /sdcard/framework/* /system/framework/
mount -o ro,remount /system/ /system/
NOW IF EVERYTHING WENT WELL YOU REBOOTED AND HAVE A DEODEXED ROM!!
6. Congradulations you have now deodexed your LG G Flex stock rom and can now begin theming. I suggest before you do anything else you reboot into recovery and make a back up so if anything gets fubared you dont have to restore to an odex rom and go thru this again.
UPDATE : THIS DOES WORK ON KITKAT 4.4