OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 296

553 posts

GUIDE ON HOW TO "DEODEX"
YOUR STOCK ROM ON PC

THIS IS FOR LG G FLEX ON JELLY BEAN 4.2.2
HAS NOT BEEN TESTED ON KITKAT 4.4

THIS IS NOT FOR ANYONE WHO IS NOT
COMFORTABLE WITH "ADB" AND ITS COMMANDS!!!

IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHOICE TO FOLLOW THIS GUIDE OR IF YOU STRAY FROM THE GUIDE AND SCREW UP YOUR DEVICE BY JAMMING FORKS IN THE USB PORT OR USING IT AS A FLOATATION DEVICE (doesnt work, i tried, sinks right to the bottom)

So with that said lets begin.

There are a few things youll need to do to get set up if you havent already implemented these. Things youll need : adb set up, android sdk, xUltimate v2.4.2, fresh stock phone (backed up), fairly descent understanding of adb and its commands, and one toothpick.

1.Download android-sdk & extract it. http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

2. Download xUltimate v2.4.2 & extract it. http://www.xeudoxus.com/android/xUltimate-v2.4.2.zip

3.Copy the extracted android-sdk contents to a new folder youre going to create in C:/Program Files/Android

4.Change name in this folder there is a folder named SDK change it to Android.sdk.
So that you end up with a folder inside C:/Program Files/Android named "Android.sdk" C:/Program Files/Android/Android.sdk
In that folder you should have :
build-tools
extras
platform-tools
system-images
tools

FOR THOSE OF YOU, IF YOURE LIKE ME AND HAVE HAD SDK/ADB INSTALLED FOR A WHILE ON YOUR PC YOU MAY NEED TO UPDATE TO VERSION 1.0.31 OR NEWER. I HAD TO AND THAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE. JUST PULL THESE FILES OUT OF THE NEW VERSION AND PASTE WHERE YOU HAVE YOUR SDK/ADB SET UP
FILES TO COPY AND PASTE
adb.exe
AdbWinApi.dll
AdbWinUsbApi.dll
THAT SHOULD HAVE YOU UP TO DATE

5. You need to flash back to stock and reroot. For this you can follow this thread to do so :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2644083

6. I hope it goes with out saying, MAKE A BACKUP AND SAVE IT SOMEWHERE BESIDES YOU PHONE AS WELL AS ON YOUR PHONE !!!!!

7. Make sure usb debugging in enabled. If you dont no how to do this then you shouldnt be doing this and you best bet would be to go to the PLAY STORE and download GO LAUNCHER and some GO themes to make your phone "prettier" This is for themers out there to be able to have a deodexed rom (system/app folder & system/framework folder) to be able to theme and mod.

8. Connect your phone to your computer.

9. Launch Main.exe In the xultimate folder. (run as administrator)

10. Select option 1 (pull /system/app) wait till its done it will take 20+ mins

11. Select option 2 (pull /system/framework) wait till its done it will take about half as long

12. Select option 3 (Deodex /system/app) wait till its done
[If encounter any error. Find out which .odex file it is . Then remove .odex file from the origi_app in xUltimate folder]

13. Select option 4 (Deodex /system/framework) wait till its done

14. Now select EXIT.

15. Rename the folder "done_app" to "app" and the "done_frame" to "framework"

16. Copy the 2 files you just renamed to the root of your sdcard on you your LG G Flex.

17. Now youre done with the hard part and the time consuming part.

TIME TO GET THOSE FRESHLY DEODEXED FILES
PUT BACK WHERE THE BELONG

THIS IS WHERE YOULL NEED TO USE adb.

1. Again make sure you have usb debugging eneabled, connect your phone to PC and make sure its in "MTP" mode.

2. Navigate to where you put your sdk files you extracted earlier.
C:/Program Files/Android/Android.sdk

3. Now in the Android.sdk folder hold "shift" and right click inside folder then select from the drop down menu "open command prompt here"
If this is the first time youve used adb on this phone then make sure you get the supersu prompt asking for permission to use adb from this PC.

4. Enter these commands one line at a time and hit enter after each line. Some lines may take several minutes to do their thing but be patient it will give you another cursor and cmd prmt line to type on. (VERY IMPORTANT TO DO THIS EXACTLY PER INSTRUCTIONS !!!!!) !!!!!! DONT ENTER ANYTHING IN RED ITS JUST EXPLANATION !!!
adb devices should see your device
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount /system/ /system/
cp /sdcard/app/* /system/app/
rm /system/app/*.odex
cp /sdcard/framework/* /system/framework/
rm /system/framework/*.odex
mount -o ro,remount /system/ /system/
reboot

NOW IF EVERYTHING WENT WELL YOU REBOOTED AND HAVE A DEODEXED ROM!!

6. Congradulations you have now deodexed your LG G Flex stock rom and can now begin theming. I suggest before you do anything else you reboot into recovery and make a back up so if anything gets fubared you dont have to restore to an odex rom and go thru this again.

UPDATE : THIS DOES WORK ON KITKAT 4.4
Last edited by mattwheat; 26th June 2014 at 01:28 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mattwheat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

553 posts
Reservered

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
26th June 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

36 posts
works
It works with 4.4
Thanks dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwheat

GUIDE ON HOW TO "DEODEX"
YOUR STOCK ROM ON PC

IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHOICE TO FOLLOW THIS GUIDE OR IF YOU STRAY FROM THE GUIDE AND SCREW UP YOUR DEVICE BY JAMMING FORKS IN THE USB PORT OR USING IT AS A FLOATATION DEVICE (doesnt work, i tried, sinks right to the bottom)

There are a few things youll need to do to get set up if you havent already implemented these. Things youll need : adb set up, android sdk, xUltimate v2.4.2, fresh stock phone (backed up), fairly descent understanding of adb and its commands, and one toothpick.

1.Download android-sdk & extract it. http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

2. Download xUltimate v2.4.2 & extract it. http://www.xeudoxus.com/android/xUltimate-v2.4.2.zip

3.Copy the extracted android-sdk contents to a new folder youre going to create in C:/Program Files/Android

4.Change name in this folder there is a folder named SDK change it to Android.sdk.
So that you end up with a folder inside C:/Program Files/Android named "Android.sdk" C:/Program Files/Android/Android.sdk
build-tools
extras
platform-tools
system-images
tools

FOR THOSE OF YOU, IF YOURE LIKE ME AND HAVE HAD SDK/ADB INSTALLED FOR A WHILE ON YOUR PC YOU MAY NEED TO UPDATE TO VERSION 1.0.31 OR NEWER. I HAD TO AND THAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE. JUST PULL THESE FILES OUT OF THE NEW VERSION AND PASTE WHERE YOU HAVE YOUR SDK/ADB SET UP
FILES TO COPY AND PASTE
adb.exe
AdbWinApi.dll
AdbWinUsbApi.dll

5. You need to flash back to stock and reroot. For this you can follow this thread to do so :

6. I hope it goes with out saying, MAKE A BACKUP AND SAVE IT SOMEWHERE BESIDES YOU PHONE AS WELL AS ON YOUR PHONE !!!!!

7. Make sure usb debugging in enabled. If you dont no how to do this then you shouldnt be doing this and you best bet would be to go to the PLAY STORE and download GO LAUNCHER and some GO themes to make your phone "prettier" This is for themers out there to be able to have a deodexed rom (system/app folder & system/framework folder) to be able to theme and mod.

11. Select option 2 (pull /system/framework) wait till its done it will take about half as long

[If encounter any error. Find out which .odex file it is . Then remove .odex file from the origi_app in xUltimate folder]

14. Now select EXIT.

16. Copy the 2 files you just renamed to the root of your sdcard on you your LG G Flex.

1. Again make sure you have usb debugging eneabled, connect your phone to PC and make sure its in "MTP" mode.

3. Now in the Android.sdk folder hold "shift" and right click inside folder then select from the drop down menu "open command prompt here"
If this is the first time youve used adb on this phone then make sure you get the supersu prompt asking for permission to use adb from this PC.

4. Enter these commands one line at a time and hit enter after each line. Some lines may take several minutes to do their thing but be patient it will give you another cursor and cmd prmt line to type on. (VERY IMPORTANT TO DO THIS EXACTLY PER INSTRUCTIONS !!!!!) !!!!!! DONT ENTER ANYTHING IN RED ITS JUST EXPLANATION !!!
adb shell
su
rm /system/app/*.odex
reboot

6. Congradulations you have now deodexed your LG G Flex stock rom and can now begin theming. I suggest before you do anything else you reboot into recovery and make a back up so if anything gets fubared you dont have to restore to an odex rom and go thru this again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defy+++ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

553 posts
Dang dude I just posted this and you've already done it. Wow maybe you should have written this thread. Lmao. It took me several hours to figure out my adb being older version was why it wasn't working.

26th June 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

553 posts
Quote:

GUIDE ON HOW TO "DEODEX"
YOUR STOCK ROM ON PC

build-tools
extras
platform-tools
system-images
tools

FILES TO COPY AND PASTE
adb.exe
AdbWinApi.dll
AdbWinUsbApi.dll

14. Now select EXIT.

adb shell
su
rm /system/app/*.odex
reboot

UPDATE : THIS DOES WORK ON KITKAT 4.4

The Following User Says Thank You to mattwheat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

553 posts
Wow that must be a good sign of a well explained tutorial when 80+ people read it and no questions or issues.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattwheat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #7  
Flag Rio Bananal
Thanks Meter: 20

248 posts
More
Quote:

Wow that must be a good sign of a well explained tutorial when 80+ people read it and no questions or issues.

Is true guy, in my 6 years of xda is the device more boring i had, anybody react to our treads, neither with a simple thanks, i will try, or worked well, thanks
At least dont have people saying, how i open cmd?this will explode my device? Hehe

Enviado de meu LG-D958 usando Tapatalk
27th June 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

553 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeu Locatelli

Is true guy, in my 6 years of xda is the device more boring i had, anybody react to our treads, neither with a simple thanks, i will try, or worked well, thanks
At least dont have people saying, how i open cmd?this will explode my device? Hehe

Enviado de meu LG-D958 usando Tapatalk

right right I guess it could be bad and be getting bombarded with how to and dumb questions. I figured more people would want to have a deodexed ROM so that xtheme beta5 and hkthemer themed more of their system.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattwheat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
removed odex
Ok, get ready for it here comes the dumb nOOb question: When i remove odex file in orig_app and rerun xultimate, app associated with odex is no longer in done app folder, is that how it goes down or should i be doing something differently when i run into errors?, thank you
29th June 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

553 posts
Yes when you remove odex in orig folder then rerun some apps not necessary to have and any apps that error out that are you will have to Google them and find the deodex version. But if you used the lgflash back to stock then rerooted you shouldn't get any errors on any necessary apps. I didn't. There where 3 maybe five that I got errors on but they weren't necessary to have so I deleted them.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread