[Q] Decisions to ditch G2 for the Flex?

OP XERO_Racer

20th August 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rosamond, California
Thanks Meter: 87

1,088 posts
More
Hi everyone, coming from the G2 forums thought I'd ask the simple question, as stated in the title.

I have a G2 D800, owned it since November, recently been thinking of switching over to the Flex, the OLED display, unique curve display and astonishing battery life based on what you guys be posting on here about it, gets me

I love my G2, the great battery life, development and screen, however, I got that urge to upgrade especially when AT&T has a deal going on right now that if you get any LG device(G2, Flex, G3 etc.) you get the G Pad 7.0 for a buck.

I would jump ship to the G3 but the difference in specs isnt that significant to me, and besides I already flashed the G3 port so it defeats the purpose of even getting the G3, the Flex on the other hand has got some unique features in its sleeves just like i mentioned earlier, G2 and Flex do have basically the same specs but no one around here where I live is rocking the Flex, thought I'd be maybe one of the few to have one.

Whats your intake on this?

Thanks
20th August 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 124

355 posts
More
This phone is locked down tight. So if you like to flash this isn't for you. There are a few dev's working on stuff but for the most part this phone is getting no love. I expect that nothing will ever materialize for this one. It's a shame because it's blazing fast. Love everything about it. But I'm a flashoholic. Can't handle this blah
20th August 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 296

554 posts
But on a positive note. The screen is damn near unbreakable. I've drooped it ALOT and no cracks what so ever. There's even a flex and drop test on YouTube demonstrating it. The guy hyper extends it as much as its curved the other. Amazing.
It may be locked down tight unless you're on 4.2.2 which can install twrp/ or cwm to have custom recovery and can flash all you want safely as long as you don't go to KitKat yet. KitKat will have working recovery soon I'm sure. I hope. I want a oneplus one and I'm eligible to jump but I can't get past the fact that I don't stress over busting my screen. That to me is worth more in dollars than flashing 30 different peoples ROMs that are virtually the same especially once you set all your mods and themes. Jus sayin
21st August 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

55 posts
I switched from a Samsung galaxy S4 to the flex. As for screen clarity, I put the two next to one another not any difference for what I could see. Everything else specs out closely as for the basic functions of each.
Pros,
Flex battery is killer good
Stock customization totally out ways most other brands.
Its a solid consistently smooth running phone.
It quick and I have yet to make it freeze up.
It doesn't feel nor look cheap at all.
The phone is designed for larger hands. Which I have. Smaller hand person might need to use both hands.

Cons, which is why I would recommend the G3. Camera app requires manual selections, it isn't a click and use camera like my S4 was. It does have all the modes that other phones have plus a few more, but they have to be selected manually.
Also no removable battery
And no SD card.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to shwnr11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 296

554 posts
Yeah I came from the GS4 as well and I've noticed the flex to be a bit snappier, and seems a little more solid as far as software. Tons of stock modifications that don't require root. I.e. navbar themes, launcher themes, and even change the list view style of the settings apk. And for battery life, I work from 3pm to midnight and stream iHeart and/or SoundCloud all night. Phone starts at at 3 with 100% at midnight I'm at 70%-80% . by 2 am its on 65%. That's awesome. If I didn't stream music all night at work there's no doubt that I could charge it every other day.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattwheat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

6 posts
Yeah I have a hard time running my battery down and the screen is awesome! Love my flex!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX ON THE NOW NETWORK FROM SPRINT!👍✌
25th August 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
I swapped my G2 for Flex, no regrets till today, excellent phone. Cant wait for Flex 2, hope LG has got something nice in for us curve lovers.
The Following User Says Thank You to mmmr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #8  
Flag Írebro, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 380

1,440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmr

I swapped my G2 for Flex, no regrets till today, excellent phone. Cant wait for Flex 2, hope LG has got something nice in for us curve lovers.

My guess is that it probably will have higher resolution which will impact battery life for the worse. But I'm interested to see if they can figure out some software functions such as pushing down the phone at the top or bottom while it's laying down to issue some commands or stuff like that.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread