Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Free at Last

OP Evilmonstertruck

29th July 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colonial Beach VA
Thanks Meter: 139

524 posts
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-wou...mobile-phones/
29th July 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag BIRMINGHAM
Thanks Meter: 305

562 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmonstertruck

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-wou...mobile-phones/

i got all ecited when i saw this post thinking hell yeah no more locked boot loaders but nope this is just for carrier unlocking

this doesnt really do much for us there have been work arounds in the hidden menus or build props or where ever for years i cant remember when i had an android on contract that with in a month or so of rooting i sim/ carrier unlocked it. And i think most people on here have done the same

now if this was about unlocking our boot loaders and making it unlawful for carriers or manufacturers to lock them with out availability of an unlock code or denying access to unlocking the boot loaders......
Well then folks that would be the first day of world peace an love and harmony through out the land
29th July 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #3  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,732

9,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwheat

i got all ecited when i saw this post thinking hell yeah no more locked boot loaders but nope this is just for carrier unlocking

this doesnt really do much for us there have been work arounds in the hidden menus or build props or where ever for years i cant remember when i had an android on contract that with in a month or so of rooting i sim/ carrier unlocked it. And i think most people on here have done the same

now if this was about unlocking our boot loaders and making it unlawful for carriers or manufacturers to lock them with out availability of an unlock code or denying access to unlocking the boot loaders......
Well then folks that would be the first day of world peace an love and harmony through out the land

unfortunately, since 99% of the world doesn't even know what a "locked boot loader" means, keeping it unlocked will never be made law by the idiotic morons we keep sending to congress/the white house..
29th July 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag BIRMINGHAM

562 posts
More
Exactly. But start letting car manufacturers dictate what radio station you can listen to or what customizations you can add to your car or truck and people would wake the f#(& up.
30th July 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colonial Beach VA
Thanks Meter: 139

524 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwheat

Well, this is just a start. Once this is done and law then its just a matter of time. This is still a good thing. Sorry about getting you excited. As soon as I was reading your post I realized I should have worded it different . My bad dude.
30th July 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #6  
Flag BIRMINGHAM

562 posts
More
Its cool. I know there have been several boot loader petitions for dozens of phones and some reached 6 digits. But that didn't change a thing when it came to the carrier / manufacturer recognizing them and doing anything about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattwheat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread