Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Free at Last

OP Evilmonstertruck

29th July 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colonial Beach VA
Thanks Meter: 139

526 posts
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-wou...mobile-phones/
29th July 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag BIRMINGHAM
Thanks Meter: 369

708 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmonstertruck

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-wou...mobile-phones/

i got all ecited when i saw this post thinking hell yeah no more locked boot loaders but nope this is just for carrier unlocking

this doesnt really do much for us there have been work arounds in the hidden menus or build props or where ever for years i cant remember when i had an android on contract that with in a month or so of rooting i sim/ carrier unlocked it. And i think most people on here have done the same

now if this was about unlocking our boot loaders and making it unlawful for carriers or manufacturers to lock them with out availability of an unlock code or denying access to unlocking the boot loaders......
Well then folks that would be the first day of world peace an love and harmony through out the land
29th July 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #3  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,144

9,545 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwheat

i got all ecited when i saw this post thinking hell yeah no more locked boot loaders but nope this is just for carrier unlocking

this doesnt really do much for us there have been work arounds in the hidden menus or build props or where ever for years i cant remember when i had an android on contract that with in a month or so of rooting i sim/ carrier unlocked it. And i think most people on here have done the same

now if this was about unlocking our boot loaders and making it unlawful for carriers or manufacturers to lock them with out availability of an unlock code or denying access to unlocking the boot loaders......
Well then folks that would be the first day of world peace an love and harmony through out the land

unfortunately, since 99% of the world doesn't even know what a "locked boot loader" means, keeping it unlocked will never be made law by the idiotic morons we keep sending to congress/the white house..
29th July 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag BIRMINGHAM

708 posts
More
Exactly. But start letting car manufacturers dictate what radio station you can listen to or what customizations you can add to your car or truck and people would wake the f#(& up.
30th July 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colonial Beach VA
Thanks Meter: 139

526 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwheat

Well, this is just a start. Once this is done and law then its just a matter of time. This is still a good thing. Sorry about getting you excited. As soon as I was reading your post I realized I should have worded it different . My bad dude.
30th July 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #6  
Flag BIRMINGHAM

708 posts
More
Its cool. I know there have been several boot loader petitions for dozens of phones and some reached 6 digits. But that didn't change a thing when it came to the carrier / manufacturer recognizing them and doing anything about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattwheat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread