Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Any get a echo on the Flex after KitKat?

OP sweets55

7th July 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 397

2,158 posts
I don't remember hearing a echo before KitKat. Maybe the radio isn't as good? It doesn't happen all the time. Wife's HTC M7 goes in and out when she talks on her phone. Not sure if somehow the issues are tower related or something with both of our phones?
Last edited by sweets55; 7th July 2014 at 07:02 PM.
11th July 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

2,158 posts
Guess I'm the only one. I might try a reset but probably won't help. Also having FC's on apps. Both after KitKat.
11th July 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 9

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweets55

Guess I'm the only one. I might try a reset but probably won't help. Also having FC's on apps. Both after KitKat.

No your not. I get it also every so often. But very far apart.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app
11th July 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

2,158 posts
My echo happens everyday. I told my mom that I was getting a echo and she's like I don't have one. LoL. I told her it's on my end and got off the phone.
11th July 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 61

330 posts
I get echo with T-Mobile and wifi calling. My fix has been to turn the volume to about 1/4 and it stops.
11th July 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 44

125 posts
More
Angry Yup
Yup. I don't know if it happened on 4.2.2 or not, I got the phone, upgraded as soon as I opened it to 4.4.2 (v7 Sprint) and rooted, changed the audio to Dolby installed the viper audio app and made a call. It echoed bad. So, because I like to flash things (hubba hubba) I decided to flash back to stock 4.2.2, but like a retarded honey badger who doesn't give a ...., I forgot to test the call quality before I accepted the update back to 4.4.2.

So, most definitely happens on my phone, both with WiFi calling on or normal calling mode while using KK.
12th July 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 9

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsohne

I get echo with T-Mobile and wifi calling. My fix has been to turn the volume to about 1/4 and it stops.

My Volume is blasting loud also. Usually it sounds as if the other person has me on speaker phone and I'm hearing my self.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app
24th December 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
echo on Google Hangouts voip call
When I make a Google Hangouts voip call with my LG G Flex, or answer an incoming call with Google Hangouts on the LG G Flex, the other party says the echo is unbearable. I actually cannot hear it, but they say it is terrible. It's too bad. I like using Google Hangouts for calls when I'm outside of cell coverage, but Hangouts is a no go for me with the Flex.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread