Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,410 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] roms on d959

Tip us?

duecefromcleveland
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] roms on d959

So i can flash roms on 4.4.2 i can downgrade to 4.2.2 and flash roms and i can make a 4.4.2 backup and restore it.. my question goes out to playfulgod or garret....im not new to rooting and flashing ive been at it since motorola triumph i want to start contributing.... how can i get the roms from the other varients to d959 like garrets miui rom

mattwheat
Old
Thanks Meter 284
You can not flash jack s#!+ on 4.4.2. No custom recovery. The best thing you can do is work on porting 4.2.2 jelly bean Roma till we get custom recovery on 4.4.2. Kernel issue and boot loader has us at a stand still on 4.4.2 right now. But 4.2.2 is wide open. Build away.

duecefromcleveland
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwheat View Post
You can not flash jack s#!+ on 4.4.2. No custom recovery. The best thing you can do is work on porting 4.2.2 jelly bean Roma till we get custom recovery on 4.4.2. Kernel issue and boot loader has us at a stand still on 4.4.2 right now. But 4.2.2 is wide open. Build away.
hmm thats intersting ive been flashing back and forth from 4.4.2 kk and 4.2.2 using freedom flex......on kk when i use freedom flex it gives me a warning that im attempting to use freedom flex but i just do it and it takes me to my recovery then i flash the stock 4.2.2 rom and then i can flash what i want

mattwheat
Old
(Last edited by mattwheat; 23rd August 2014 at 04:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 284
Yeah you can do that once and have to downgrade to 4.2.2 but you can't flash anything else on 4.4.2. Nothing. You know .... You only get to boot to recovery one time. And you betta have Dfuse's 4.2.2 Rom. Or you'll boot loop and have to use the LG flash tool and we all know how pleasant that is.

And yeah you can flash all you want once back on 4.2.2. I keep a flash drive with my FLEX THIS themed version, dfuse's, and kit Kat. Just incase I screw something up I can sideload or adb what I need.

duecefromcleveland
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes im already comftorbale and knowledgeable about that my only questions was what can i do to get the miui rom on my d959 and i only seen three roms that we can flash

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app