FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Porting CM12

85 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By dongdong6968, Member on 8th April 2015, 08:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi! I'm currently making a somewhat desperate attempt at porting cm12 to the d950. I know some basic things, I once tried to make a custom kernel. I have the device and vendor trees set up, with the cm12 source and the files from the flex source, and I've been making some changes. Can anyone help point me in some direction from here?

8th April 2015, 08:32 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongdong6968

Hi! I'm currently making a somewhat desperate attempt at porting cm12 to the d950. I know some basic things, I once tried to make a custom kernel. I have the device and vendor trees set up, with the cm12 source and the files from the flex source, and I've been making some changes. Can anyone help point me in some direction from here?

Okay, so now I need to run extract-files.sh, only problem is it doesn't exist. and from my understanding, I have to already be running cm12 to do this, which obviously is not possible. Can anyone help me get the proprietary blobs?
8th April 2015, 11:14 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 6,528

More
You're better off looking at the g2 proprietary blobs as when I was trying I had the most success with them on CM11, its a good starting point
9th April 2015, 07:45 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
So should I take those, then make changes to suit the flex?
9th April 2015, 08:19 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 6,528

More
Yeah, its a good place to start, but it won't suddenly make it compile, it helped sort a couple of issues once we'd got it compiling in the first place....
10th April 2015, 01:24 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 285

Donate to Me
More
Try msg playfulgod and see if he will point you in the right direction
16th April 2015, 11:58 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Red face
Alright, I've got something that looks pretty good going, but I can't do anything without a working kernel. And as I don't know much about kernels, could Someone possibly try to make one for cm12? Also, I have the blobs from my boyfriend's g2, and I've made a lot of changes, but I might need a little more guidance. Any help is appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to dongdong6968 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dongdong6968 Ad-Free
17th April 2015, 12:02 AM |#8  
Do you have coding experience though thats the question.

Either Build a dummy kernel or modify the original kernel from cm11 roms that your device has and built it alongside the system images.

CyanogenMod doesnt allow Building of only the system.

Youll need to modify the following:
Kernel Source
Device Trees
Vendor Files

A good way to look at what is required for a cm12 bringup is to check other similar devices with the same architecture and compare the changes and the sources you have on your pc.

Regards

Sent from my Xperia SP using xda Forum
17th April 2015, 05:54 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
I took programming classes, and there were a few units on android.
23rd April 2015, 07:17 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
So I just forked the blobs from playfulgods repo, and I've made a lot of changes to tbe devices folder, as well as 'POSSIBLY' do something good as for a kernel, but I doubt that will work. How does one build the kernel to test it? Using linux btw. I have all of the dependencies and everything, could someone explain breakfast/brunch/lunch?
24th April 2015, 09:20 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Service
HEY SO I THIN K I HAVE SOMETHING THAT MIGHT WORK AFTER HAVING SOME REALLY SMART PEOPLE HELP sorry for caps, but now I have something in the out folder for zee, what do i do with this, and how do i make it flashable? could someone do it for me? and also, kernels?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dongdong6968 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dongdong6968 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)