XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Security Error

OP ajsmsg78

18th June 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Deer Park, NY
Thanks Meter: 33

90 posts
More
I just went back to Stock KitKat, took the new OTA (T-Mobile) and rooted with towelroot. Everything went fine. When I was removing some bloat and restarted I get the LG Boot Logo and a Security Error underneath it. I cannot get into the Bootloader at all. Holding volume up and plugging in the usb cable does nothing. I can, however, get into stock recovery and wipe but that doesn't fix anything. Does anyone have any idea how to get out of this soft brick?
19th June 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Deer Park, NY

90 posts
More
I gave up and went into T-Mobile and purchased another line with a Note 3 and swapped the SIM. T-Mobile overnighted me a new G Flex which I'm gonna use as a second "house" line and use the Note 3 as my primary line. It's so much easier to deal with a Samsung Phone as it's not locked down like the LG phones are. Thanks to everyone here who has been trying to get a KitKat recovery working.
19th June 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 382

764 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmsg78

I gave up and went into T-Mobile and purchased another line with a Note 3 and swapped the SIM. T-Mobile overnighted me a new G Flex which I'm gonna use as a second "house" line and use the Note 3 as my primary line. It's so much easier to deal with a Samsung Phone as it's not locked down like the LG phones are. Thanks to everyone here who has been trying to get a KitKat recovery working.

I thought the note 3 on kk was locked?

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th June 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Deer Park, NY

90 posts
More
I don't think it is. I got the new phone, took the OTA to the latest version (NE6) rooted with CFAutoRoot, installed TWRP and AOKP and it was as easy as it was when I had my Note 2 and 3 on Sprint.
19th June 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #5  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,154

9,563 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittoking

I thought the note 3 on kk was locked?

I believe the note 3 has been unlocked on TMO for a long time..
when I got my flex in February, there were already tons of roms for the note 3 on TMO
The Following User Says Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 382

764 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

I believe the note 3 has been unlocked on TMO for a long time..
when I got my flex in February, there were already tons of roms for the note 3 on TMO

You know I was about to edit my post I knew there were a ton of roms cuz I used to be on a testing team for beanstalk builds but someone remarked that if you took the kk update it locked the note 3? Eh I'm probably misinformed like usual lol

The Following User Says Thank You to brittoking For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread