Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Status bar carrier

Tip us?

BigBison420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 457

DONATE TO ME
Default Status bar carrier

Anyone successfully remove the AT&T carrier text? i'm not talking about the one at the bottom of the notification bar when you pull it down... i'm talking about the status bar AT&T text - I can't find anything in GravityBox for this one.

mattwheat
Old
Thanks Meter 282
Its in gravity box under notification tweaks. "Secondary carrier" , and "custom carrier"

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

If that doesn't do it try xblast in xposed download section.

BigBison420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 457

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwheat View Post
Its in gravity box under notification tweaks. "Secondary carrier" , and "custom carrier"

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

If that doesn't do it try xblast in xposed download section.

i'm running most current GB app, don't see secondary anywhere.. will look into Xblast thanks!

mattwheat
Old
Thanks Meter 282

BigBison420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 457

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
wow, i totally DO NOT have the secondary carrier text option that you have i just have a check box with "expand all notifications"

what version are you running? i'll have to get your version

mattwheat
Old
Thanks Meter 282
When in xposed go to downloads then go to xposed version you have and click it then scroll right a few pages. To the page after the download button. Click the option up top to reveal drop down box and change to the experimental version. Then go back to the left one screen and download the experimental version of xposed the do the same for gravitybox. Then go update xposed modules so that it reboots. That should do it.

BigBison420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 457

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
When in xposed go to downloads then go to xposed version you have and click it then scroll right a few pages. To the page after the download button. Click the option up top to reveal drop down box and change to the experimental version. Then go back to the left one screen and download the experimental version of xposed the do the same for gravitybox. Then go update xposed modules so that it reboots. That should do it.
Im in kitkat and on 3.3.3 stable update 8/20. After following your instruction and refreshing it wont pull up any experimental builds. Do u think i have to uninstall anything first?

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Free mobile app

mattwheat
Old
Thanks Meter 282
I have no clue. Prolly you're on kit Kat I'm on 4.2.2

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Difference In gravitybox for jb or kk

gelasmus
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Install G2 Xposed from the Play Store. It has the option for removing the carrier text from the status bar.
The Following User Says Thank You to gelasmus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BigBison420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 457

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelasmus View Post
Install G2 Xposed from the Play Store. It has the option for removing the carrier text from the status bar.
This worked like a charm!! so happy to get that status bar space back LoL thanks!