Code:
#include 
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

Requirements
  • Rooted
  • Know how to edit system files
  • Love music

Instructions is quite simple and clear.

Open you favorite file text editor. Find com.lge.music.xml in system/etc. Change the lines to dolby. save changes and reboot. I also attached my sweet equalizer. Some may like it some may hate it.

oJFam6C.png

4rgQM3U.png

HPsSZuV.png

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
Would this work if im using pandora because i really dont put music files and such into my phone?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
+5
I did it. Everything is great.
But I have a question...we just change the name to Dolbi. So we just activated new mode which one was not available in the system before ?

Reactions: shikhar12

will0899

Dec 2, 2011
Bakersfield
+5
But I have a question...we just change the name to Dolbi. So we just activated new mode which one was not available in the system before ?

It was available but not enabled. Maybe LG has plans for it, or a different variant will have it enabled.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
The dobly is actually system wide because instead of using LG audio effects, it uses the kernels dolby config. For those who want to really hear it, I recommend google play music. Open terminal and make sure its #

adb shell setprop tunnel.decode true
adb shell setprop tunnel.audiovideo.decode true

HOWEVER this is break the lg music app. Be warn

For me it's not an issue because I have all my music on play music.

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
The dobly is actually system wide because instead of using LG audio effects, it uses the kernels dolby config. For those who want to really hear it, I recommend google play music. Open terminal and make sure its #

adb shell setprop tunnel.decode true
adb shell setprop tunnel.audiovideo.decode true

HOWEVER this is break the lg music app. Be warn

For me it's not an issue because I have all my music on play music.

Nice

schollianmj

Feb 27, 2009
Ok. Im a retard... what exactly do we change to Dolby? You said change the lines to Dolby.... you dont mean everything you underlined huh? Forgive me for asking but Im a bit confused.

Reactions: Xak

will0899

Dec 2, 2011
Bakersfield
Ok. Im a retard... what exactly do we change to Dolby? You said change the lines to Dolby.... you dont mean everything you underlined huh? Forgive me for asking but Im a bit confused.

Just make sure your file is exactly like the screenshot. On the line that says "dolby" the stock will have something different. I cant recall at this time.

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
Just make sure your file is exactly like the screenshot. On the line that says "dolby" the stock will have something different. I cant recall at this time.

Default value is.... lol there you go. ?

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

D-FUSE

Oct 11, 2010
Panama City(Got to love the beach)
Awesome dude. That was the part I hated about this phone and now it's bangin bro!!! ????

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

peqa7eqe.jpg

Looks like u can do it with the vidoe player too

Reactions: wase4711

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Awesome dude. That was the part I hated about this phone and now it's bangin bro!!! ????

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

peqa7eqe.jpg

I did this tweak, and put my klipsch stereo earbuds in, and played the demo video that comes with this phone....OMFG, the sound is mind boggling!!
thanks man:good:

Reactions: solrac.dc

will0899

Dec 2, 2011
Bakersfield
Which setting did u guys use looks like you can choose from dolby, virtualsound, and cinemasound

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Thanks for the audio mod. I've also got viper enabled and working. Only on power amp though but your Dolby seems to be system wide and I believe it sounds better than viper does. It really makes your headphones/earbuds come alive. Now I'm not an Apple fan by no means but their earbuds are by far the best sounding I've heard. I'd put them against Dre Beats Tour earbuds any day. Those Dre's are only pricy for the name. But again thanks for the mod. Works great.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the audio mod. I've also got viper enabled and working. Only on power amp though but your Dolby seems to be system wide and I believe it sounds better than viper does. It really makes your headphones/earbuds come alive. Now I'm not an Apple fan by no means but their earbuds are by far the best sounding I've heard. I'd put them against Dre Beats Tour earbuds any day. Those Dre's are only pricy for the name. But again thanks for the mod. Works great.

how did you get Viper to work? I am a big fan, but havent gotten it working on this phone..

thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Requirements
    • Rooted
    • Know how to edit system files
    • Love music

Instructions is quite simple and clear.

Open you favorite file text editor. Find com.lge.music.xml in system/etc. Change the lines to dolby. save changes and reboot. I also attached my sweet equalizer. Some may like it some may hate it.

oJFam6C.png

4rgQM3U.png

HPsSZuV.png
    I'm unfamiliar with Viper..

You can read about it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

I knew about it for a while but really wasn't interested. I've tried a lot of different audio mods but they weren't much of a big deal. Viper4Android has completely changed my mind about what high-end audio can sound like on an Android device. I can sit here and talk about it all day long but it's one of those things that you have to see for yourself. My Nexus 5 is now a dedicated music player that I take with me most places I go. If you've invested in a set of high-quality headphones you really owe it to yourself to try this mod out. Read up on it as much as you can, and flash it as a system app on some device you have laying around with root access. You'll love it.
    Nope. I've installed it hundreds of times when I change ROMs and such. I have notice I get the best install with out any issue if I download it , open in app drawer rather than clicking open after install. So open in app drawer for the first time then wait you'll get superuser in a sec. Wait on it cuz if I accident my bypass or cancel it I have an issue. So open then grant permission then pick super hi quality or what ever the best quality offered then click OK for everything else. Before you reboot go to viper's menu under "ui setting" pick "expert" it will then back you out of viper now reboot. Once rebooted plug in head phones then open viper and adj your features.
    u5u9ujet.jpg

Dropbox link to the latest viper release:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bzx6ze9skdbrut/ViPER4Android_FX_A4.x.apk

+5

peqa7eqe.jpg

I ahve changed My Vidro.xml file to Cinema Siund effect

But I am not getting any effect. Before Im Video Player I dont have an Option of Audio Effects. Now I have the Normal Effect option which is greyed out. I have check it with Headphones and without headphone. Kindly see
    Sent from my LG G Flex F340K on LTE network, Stock KitKat 4.4.2 Rooted
    using XDA mobile app