Ok google everywhere

OP mattwheat

17th July 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 295

547 posts
If you're on KitKat 4.4 and go to your Google search app and type in "OK GOOGLE EVERYWHERE" without quotations then click search. Then back up one page. Go to search settings then voice you will now see the option to "manage voice" turn it on the click "agree". Then back in settings/voice click " hot word detection" and then keep checking every option and you will have to teach your voice by saying "OK GOOGLE" 3 times. Once completed you can say "OK GOOGLE" any where and search pops up. In any app it doesn't matter where. And you don't have to be on the Google Now Launcher. Check it out. Its pretty cool.
17th July 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

45 posts
I noticed after enabling that I cannot use the camera to record. It says "cannot start recording while other application is using audio".

Fresh 4.4.2 from the back to stock guide no root just a fresh phone.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th July 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

547 posts
Oh wow. So that's why I'm getting that error too. It never dawned on me that's what it was. Cool. Well not really that sucks. I've got the google now launcher on there too. I'm gonna try it. See if same results
17th July 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

547 posts
The video recorder still doesn't work with the Google Now Launcher. I downloaded from Google market the "Google Camera" and it works. Video, still pick , and sound during playback. With the Google Now launcher. I haven't tried it on stock launcher.
17th July 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

45 posts
Sweet I'm going to check that out.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread