Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[KERNEL][v500][5.0.2][CM] RedKernel [06/01]

OP Rick Roll

19th January 2015, 06:15 AM   |  #241  
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
ok, installed redkernel 110 on slimkat 4.4.4 build 9 weekly 8326, no hiccups, nice to have undervoltage; so many optimized governors which is nice.

it still won't allow me to select ART runtime, gotta be that 4.2.2 base bootloader. wonder if i should just slam 4.4.2 on there... any audio glitch and deep sleep hang still tbd...
Last edited by tekka-maki; 19th January 2015 at 06:51 AM.
19th January 2015, 09:48 AM   |  #242  
Flag Kassel
Thanks Meter: 103

154 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki

ok, installed redkernel 110 on slimkat 4.4.4 build 9 weekly 8326, no hiccups, nice to have undervoltage; so many optimized governors which is nice.

it still won't allow me to select ART runtime, gotta be that 4.2.2 base bootloader. wonder if i should just slam 4.4.2 on there... any audio glitch and deep sleep hang still tbd...

Sorry it's probably related to my English, that it doesn't came out clear:
Slimkat on stock kernel needs 4.2.2
Slimkat on red kernel needs 4.4.2

The aosp/cm thing was only related to lollipop roms.

Normally art should work just fine, I've used slimkat on art until the first cm12 rom for our tablet came out.
And i never had any deep sleep issue, which slimkat are you using? Stock/infected?
About audio glitch, I think I read something about it a few pages back.

In case you want to switch your base files it might be necessary to format your external SD.
19th January 2015, 06:57 PM   |  #243  

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmasterhk

Sorry it's probably related to my English, that it doesn't came out clear:
Slimkat on stock kernel needs 4.2.2
Slimkat on red kernel needs 4.4.2

The aosp/cm thing was only related to lollipop roms.

Normally art should work just fine, I've used slimkat on art until the first cm12 rom for our tablet came out.
And i never had any deep sleep issue, which slimkat are you using? Stock/infected?
About audio glitch, I think I read something about it a few pages back.

In case you want to switch your base files it might be necessary to format your external SD.

Interesting. So, I'm running latest stock SlimKat weekly now w/ base 4.2.2, all appears fine, except maybe a (well reported) amped up brightness issue. So maybe doesn't need, but works better? I'll install v4.4.2.

that format issue, yes... I've heard some talk about that, but still seems like anecdotal yes? i should still be able to copy its contents over to computer prior even after base change right? Because I'd prefer not to bother unless it seems to be true that it is drastically slower or something.

Edit: no brightness issue in fact. seems great actually. not sure if i should even bother, though i like the idea of the newer 4.4.2 20D that Deltadroid posted, especially because it doesn't tough aboot or recovery (though i suspect i would still need to install the TWRP for 4.4.2 base).

Dunno what I would gain 'cuz SlimKat on red kernel doing great w/ 4.2.2 :/ hmmm...
Last edited by tekka-maki; 19th January 2015 at 07:50 PM.
20th January 2015, 03:47 AM   |  #244  
Thanks Meter: 2,473

3,214 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki

Interesting. So, I'm running latest stock SlimKat weekly now w/ base 4.2.2, all appears fine, except maybe a (well reported) amped up brightness issue. So maybe doesn't need, but works better? I'll install v4.4.2.

that format issue, yes... I've heard some talk about that, but still seems like anecdotal yes? i should still be able to copy its contents over to computer prior even after base change right? Because I'd prefer not to bother unless it seems to be true that it is drastically slower or something.

Edit: no brightness issue in fact. seems great actually. not sure if i should even bother, though i like the idea of the newer 4.4.2 20D that Deltadroid posted, especially because it doesn't tough aboot or recovery (though i suspect i would still need to install the TWRP for 4.4.2 base).

Dunno what I would gain 'cuz SlimKat on red kernel doing great w/ 4.2.2 :/ hmmm...

I've used this kernel on both slimkats with either base without noticing any issues. Only worry about it if you have an issue.
I don't understand why you guys still even discuss this. I guess some people spent their entire life preparing for the rain and never enjoy the sunshine
The Following User Says Thank You to jonup For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2015, 05:50 AM   |  #245  

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonup

I've used this kernel on both slimkats with either base without noticing any issues. Only worry about it if you have an issue.
I don't understand why you guys still even discuss this. I guess some people spent their entire life preparing for the rain and never enjoy the sunshine

Love the sunshine sir. Also love an unbricked gpad for kiddo's movies during daily commutes. i slapped 4.4.2 on this morning, so far so good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread