Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,051 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BACKUP] (V510) GPE ONLY 4.4.4 ktu84p.l002 STOCK FOR TWRP

Tip us?
 
djkinetic
Old
(Last edited by djkinetic; 28th June 2014 at 03:51 PM.)
#1  
djkinetic's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1021
Posts: 2,784
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
This is a TWRP backup of the stock firmware for V510 GPE GPAD 8.3. It has already been updated to 4.4.4. It is completely stock no mods, no root, no busybox. This should ensure that you are able to take future OTAs without issue. Many GPE users have been having problems with the OTA for 4.4.4 The reason is that the OTA does a system verification and any type of modification causes it to fail.

How to flash this:

1. Reboot into bootloader
2. Flash TWRP if you don't already have it. Current version is 2.7.0.1 fastboot flash recovery xxxxxxxxxxxxx.img (where xxxxx is the filename)
3. Reboot System
4. Copy the entire contents of the zip file to your TWRP/BACKUPS/LG0000XXXXXXXX folder. Make sure you copy the folder 2014-06-26--18-41-18 KTU84P.L002. If you don't have a backups folder, create one in TWRP by choosing Backup, then backup something like the boot partition.
5. Reboot to Recovery Vol Dwn+Pwr or adb reboot recovery.
6. Choose Restore and select 2014-06-26--18-41-18 KTU84P.L002
7. Once finished Reboot System.
8. Upon boot you should be greeted with the usual Setup screens.
9. Reboot into bootloader
10. (Optional) Flash stock recovery: fastboot flash recovery 17-recovery.img
11. Reboot into system
.
Flashing the stock recovery is optional however if you want a completely stock experience and ensure future OTAs, you probably want to do so. Also note that you must unroot to take any future OTAs.

Download Links:

TWRP BACKUP 4.4.4 KTU84P.L002
Stock Recovery
Current Devices:

One Plus One Sandstone Black 64GB
LG G3 D851 SIM Unlocked (ATT) 32GB
HTC One M8 32GB Gunmetal Grey
LG G-Pad 8.3 GPE
Google Nexus 7 16 GB (2013)

Google Chromecast

Add me to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/106721746210047548500/posts
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to djkinetic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cam30era
Old
#2  
cam30era's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 389
Posts: 1,616
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus, Indiana
You did an excellent job on this thread. Thanks for doing this for our small community.

BTW: regarding recovery for our device, the latest (and in fact only) that I see is TWRP 2.7.0.1 in the Original Android Development section.
 
mcaurilio
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: May 2011
Agreed. I wasn't able to flash 4.4.4 any other way. Tried everything, kept getting errors. This finally worked!
 
djkinetic
Old
#4  
djkinetic's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1021
Posts: 2,784
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
You did an excellent job on this thread. Thanks for doing this for our small community.

BTW: regarding recovery for our device, the latest (and in fact only) that I see is TWRP 2.7.0.1 in the Original Android Development section.
Figured it will come in handy to have this online for everyone in the future...when I bought the device when it was announced thought there would be more dev on it...but that hasn't been the case. Luckily we at least have twrp.
Current Devices:

One Plus One Sandstone Black 64GB
LG G3 D851 SIM Unlocked (ATT) 32GB
HTC One M8 32GB Gunmetal Grey
LG G-Pad 8.3 GPE
Google Nexus 7 16 GB (2013)

Google Chromecast

Add me to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/106721746210047548500/posts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djkinetic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kevk60
Old
#5  
kevk60's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 44
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default No partitions selected for restore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkinetic View Post
This is a TWRP backup of the stock firmware for V510 GPE GPAD 8.3. It has already been updated to 4.4.4. It is completely stock no mods, no root, no busybox. This should ensure that you are able to take future OTAs without issue. Many GPE users have been having problems with the OTA for 4.4.4 The reason is that the OTA does a system verification and any type of modification causes it to fail.

How to flash this:

1. Reboot into bootloader
2. Flash TWRP if you don't already have it. Current version is 2.7.0.1 fastboot flash recovery xxxxxxxxxxxxx.img (where xxxxx is the filename)
3. Reboot System
4. Copy the entire contents of the zip file to your TWRP/BACKUPS/LG0000XXXXXXXX folder. Make sure you copy the folder 2014-06-26--18-41-18 KTU84P.L002. If you don't have a backups folder, create one in TWRP by choosing Backup, then backup something like the boot partition.
5. Reboot to Recovery Vol Dwn+Pwr or adb reboot recovery.
6. Choose Restore and select 2014-06-26--18-41-18 KTU84P.L002
7. Once finished Reboot System.
8. Upon boot you should be greeted with the usual Setup screens.
9. Reboot into bootloader
10. (Optional) Flash stock recovery: fastboot flash recovery 17-recovery.img
11. Reboot into system
.
Flashing the stock recovery is optional however if you want a completely stock experience and ensure future OTAs, you probably want to do so. Also note that you must unroot to take any future OTAs.

Download Links:

TWRP BACKUP 4.4.4 KTU84P.L002
Stock Recovery
When I flash this in twrp it fails to flash and i get an error message: No partitions selected for restore. Have twrp 2.7.0.1 installed. Thank you.
 
1barlog17
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jun 2010
Do I unzip the folder before I move it to the backup folder?
 
cam30era
Old
(Last edited by cam30era; 29th June 2014 at 11:51 AM.)
#7  
cam30era's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 389
Posts: 1,616
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1barlog17 View Post
Do I unzip the folder before I move it to the backup folder?
Delete
 
kevk60
Old
#8  
kevk60's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 44
Join Date: Dec 2012
Figured out what was going on. finally got it to flash in TWRP. Works great. Thank you for this.
 
peacewise
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 53
Join Date: Jan 2012
Thanks for this image - was the only way I was able to update.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk
 
sleekmason
Old
#10  
sleekmason's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 385
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Fayetteville
I was not able to update using your image and I don't know why. Everything was done correctly as far as I know. I downloaded and unpacked the zip and placed it in the back apps folder of TWRP and rebooted into recovery and tried restore with no success during the system restore it stops halfway through and says failed.
I tried downloading the file twice, installing the file from my computer, changing my SD card, deleting everything and trying, deleting just dalvik cache a,updating the partition separately, and was able to update the boot partition but not system and data. I honestly don't know what the trouble is as I was able to restore my own back up several times.if anybody has any insight into what is happening here please tell me. I would really like to install the update! I don't know why it is not allowing me to.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes