FORUMS

Themes for SM-N910U Exynos Note 4

Samsung has too many phone variants for their flagships, which leaves out users incapable of getting … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[BACKUP] (V510) GPE ONLY (L 5.1 LYM47O) Stock For TWRP

9th April 2015, 10:24 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I managed to get it installed once I read the OP and realized that I was just being stupid.

10th April 2015, 02:26 PM |#52  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Nice to have 5.1 finally. Great job. Anyone have exposed and gravity box working?

Sent from my LG-V510 using XDA Free mobile app
10th April 2015, 06:45 PM |#53  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hey, thanks a lot for the 5.1 backup (and thanks to the OP as well). This saved me a lot of trouble updating to 5.1. Hardest part was just waiting for everything to download, though it helps I'm not new to the adb game and I already had twrp installed.

Some others have reported they lost their recovery even though they left it unchecked during restore - I left mine unchecked and didn't lose it, so not sure what the inconsistency there is. I went ahead and flashed the updated version of twrp afterwards anyway.

I did have to re-root but that is simple on this device (unlocked). As for 5.1 it is a big improvement on the 8.3; while I know rebuilding the cache/etc. explains some of the speed/"new" feeling it is still much faster, something I already knew having experienced it on my N6. The GPE edition still competes with the best of the current crop of similar size tablets out there, so it's too bad they stopped selling it.

I tried a Tab S 8.4 (which just went on a massive sale in the US but I got it before) and it has a much nicer screen in some respects, but everything else about it is terrible. When I found out the 8.3 got 5.1 I pulled it out of the drawer and went about trying to remember how to un-root and update it, which led me here - again, thanks so much, because it looks like it is a total pain in the ass otherwise. With 5.1 the 8.3 beats the crap out of the S 8.4 in most other aspects and the screen is still pretty sharp, just not quite as nice as the formers, but who cares The Tab S is going back today.
The Following User Says Thank You to ixian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2015, 09:40 PM |#54  
Flag Vegas & Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 716

More
Yep, the GPE is holding its own very well! Enjoy 5.1!
The Following User Says Thank You to galaxys For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2015, 11:05 PM |#55  
Flag Fayetteville
Thanks Meter: 359

More
Battery any better?
11th April 2015, 02:24 AM |#56  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 9

More
When lock screen is set to swipe. I shut the tablet screen off and turn it on but it bypasses the lock screen for some reason. Anyone else having this problem on 5.1?

Sent from my LG-V510 using XDA Free mobile app
13th April 2015, 09:34 PM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 507

More
Battery seems about the same, speed / smoothness its like a brand new device. On 4.4/5.0 it was noticeably laggy but now it feels smooth like my G2.

For anyone with battery life issues, I've found by setting Wi-Fi to turn off when not in use I can good a good week between charges for light use/reading.

If you game or watch videos though, then plan on keeping a charger nearby
The Following User Says Thank You to rocket321 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread