Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 41,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG GPAD 8.3 GPE taken off the play store

Tip us?

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartos5536 View Post
Been trying to figure it out from reviews and other threads... Can you read from it but not write to it? Neither? Thanks.
I have no problem reading and/or writing to external SD card.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam30era For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schalmers
Old
Thanks Meter 53
For me I could read the SD Card without any issues but I could not write to it without rooting the tablet and then installing the following app from the Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=nextapp.sdfix

But this is a a KitKat 4.4 issue and not unique to the GPAD 8.3 GPE, all KitKat devices block write access to the SD Cards from what I understand. With the app from the playstore this is easily "fixed" but root is required for the application.

Afterwards you can also use FolderMount (from Playstore) to move large app and data folders to the SD Card as well.

I am very happy with the tablet myself, only regret is that there is not much development but rooted 4.4.4 works great anyway....
The Following User Says Thank You to schalmers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dartos5536
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by schalmers View Post
For me I could read the SD Card without any issues but I could not write to it without rooting the tablet and then installing the following app from the Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=nextapp.sdfix

But this is a a KitKat 4.4 issue and not unique to the GPAD 8.3 GPE, all KitKat devices block write access to the SD Cards from what I understand. With the app from the playstore this is easily "fixed" but root is required for the application.

Afterwards you can also use FolderMount (from Playstore) to move large app and data folders to the SD Card as well.

I am very happy with the tablet myself, only regret is that there is not much development but rooted 4.4.4 works great anyway....
Ah good to know. Thanks.

Diviance
Old
(Last edited by Diviance; 21st July 2014 at 07:47 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 485

DONATE TO ME
I picked up on the clearance G-Pad's (GPE) and in 4.4.4 I have no trouble read/writing to a brand new Samsung Evo 32GB MicroSD without rooting as of yet. Completely stock.

----

Edit: Oddly, after getting around to unlocking the bootloader and rooting, I actually had to download the KitKat SDFix app and run it to use the sdcard in apps which I did not have to do before unlocking the bootloader and rooting. So... I dunno.