[Q] Is there a AOSP ROM without sound freeze issues?

Search This thread

milanioom

Dec 21, 2010
Hi!
Searched everywhere for an answer without luck.It's like no one is bothered with the buzzing noise issue.There's a few (short) threads without an explanation if that's a software or a hardware problem. My guess is it's a software ,because stock rom works just fine.
All i want to know is if there's a AOSP Rom that just works.
thanks for reading.

Pixore

Dec 23, 2013
Hi!
Searched everywhere for an answer without luck.It's like no one is bothered with the buzzing noise issue.There's a few (short) threads without an explanation if that's a software or a hardware problem. My guess is it's a software ,because stock rom works just fine.
All i want to know is if there's a AOSP Rom that just works.
thanks for reading.

I have the same problem...

Reactions: milanioom
T

TNY0

I'm having those issues as well. Setting the CPU scheduler to interactive helps somewhat, but doesn't fix the underlying problem.
The problem is especially noticeable for high resolution video, e. g. Twitch streaming basically doesn't work.

Edit: I'm running the infected build of cm 11 m9

Last edited:
Is the RedKernel compatible with CM11?

Sure is, I'm running it on a CM based ROM.
FYI the I/O scheduler was actually the problem in the end I think its set to Noop or Deadline by default,
Set I/O to CFQ and games run great again.
Oh and on the latest version, the dev reverted the GPU changes so its using old Adreno drivers again, no difference on FPS here...
I queried about it and some games weren't running to good with the L preview GPU drivers.
(They were Nexus 4 & 7 ports I believe)

Here's the thread:
http://xdaforums.com/lg-g-pad-83/development/kernel-redkernel-t2856297

Sent From V500
Using XDA App

So in the and ,what combination did you end up using?
I'm assuming CM11 snapshot 9 with RedKernel? And did you made any changes to I/O scheduler?

I changed scheduler from deadline (I think) to cfq because it works best with games.
And have govner on Interactive.
As for ROM I'm on Mahdi with that Kernel.
Depends what you want, this ROM and CM11 are both really stable. But so is Liquidsmooth which just recently got a fresh build pushed out.
There a lot of different ROMs on the V500 thread.
Are you a fan of a certain ROM?
What have you ran on previous devices?

Sent From V500
Using XDA App

Last edited:

milanioom

Dec 21, 2010
I changed scheduler from bfq (I think) to cfq because it works best with games.
And have govner on Interactive.
As for ROM I'm on Mahdi with that Kernel.
Depends what you want, this ROM and CM11 are both really stable. But so is Liquidsmooth which just recently got a fresh build pushed out.
There a lot of different ROMs on the V500 thread.
Are you a fan of a certain ROM?
What have you ran on previous devices?

Sent From V500
Using XDA App

All i want is a stable rom without issues.
Gonna check out Liquidsmooth but i think i'll end up with CM11 snapshot with some xposed modules.
Should i be on 4.4.2 base for this kernel?

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: LiamAtkins90

jimmys_

Sep 17, 2014
San Francisco
All i want is a stable rom without issues.
Gonna check out Liquidsmooth but i think i'll end up with CM11 snapshot with some xposed modules.
Should i be on 4.4.2 base for this kernel?

Thanks for your help!

CM11 by infected_ requires 4.2.2 base to run with built-in kernel & not have display issues.
If you are on 4.4.2 base, you can instal redkernel or mani kernel after flashing CM11 as both kernels require 4.4.2 base so as not to have any brightness/display issue.

fyi - I'm on 4.4.2 base, redkernel r8, Cm11 M9 by infected_ with no issues. Very good and smooth ROM. If you update to the latest M10 version, you lose access to SD card. I am unable to notify infected_ at this time due to forum restriction as a new user.

If you update to the latest M10 version, you lose access to SD card. I am unable to notify infected_ at this time due to forum restriction as a new user.

Is it like the Kit Kat restriction where if you edit platform.xml file you can gain SD access again? If so... There is a app in Google Play that does the file edit with a click of a button (SD KitKat Fixer & KitKat External SD Card Patch)
If the SD thing isn't like above then I don't know what it could be, maybe a CM issue?

Sent From V500
Using XDA App

Last edited:

jimmys_

Sep 17, 2014
San Francisco
Is it like the Kit Kat restriction where if you edit platform.xml file you can gain SD access again? If so... There is a app in Google Play that does the file edit with a click of a button (SD KitKat Fixer & KitKat External SD Card Patch)
If the SD thing isn't like above then I don't know what it could be, maybe a CM issue?

Sent From V500
Using XDA App

I was able to contact infected_ who quickly pointed to my using SD card type sdxc (exFAT32) which Cm11 M10 did not recognize. Reformatted to FAT32 and it now works. No need to edit platform.xml.

Reactions: LiamAtkins90

Top Liked Posts