Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

[Q] App Question - Sonic Retro Engine (Android ports of Sonic 1/2/CD)

29th July 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 2

53 posts
Hi all,

Bit of an odd one, but I love my G Pad, it gets used heavily. I know this possibly out of the scope of this forum, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing an issue with Sonic 1, 2 or CD on this tablet. It's a weird issue, due to at first playing silky smooth - then it gets 20 seconds in and suddenly it goes slow-motion.

I'm on KitKat - does it work well for anyone else? If so any suggestions for what could be causing it to work perfectly for a set amount of time then slowing down?
any idea for fixes?

If more than me experiences these issues I'll chase the developer!
30th July 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergyUK

Hi all,

Bit of an odd one, but I love my G Pad, it gets used heavily. I know this possibly out of the scope of this forum, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing an issue with Sonic 1, 2 or CD on this tablet. It's a weird issue, due to at first playing silky smooth - then it gets 20 seconds in and suddenly it goes slow-motion.

I'm on KitKat - does it work well for anyone else? If so any suggestions for what could be causing it to work perfectly for a set amount of time then slowing down?
any idea for fixes?

If more than me experiences these issues I'll chase the developer!

Having the same problem with the Sonic 2 and CD. (Don't have Sonic 1)
30th July 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Lincoln

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGaitas

Having the same problem with the Sonic 2 and CD. (Don't have Sonic 1)

I have all 3 on iOS but only 2 & CD on Android. I've now messaged the developer saying that at least one other person is experiencing this issue!
Are you running on Kit Kat?
30th July 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #4  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergyUK

I have all 3 on iOS but only 2 & CD on Android. I've now messaged the developer saying that at least one other person is experiencing this issue!
Are you running on Kit Kat?

Yes, 4.4.2 stock. I didn't get to try out Sonic on 4.2.2 because the first thing I did when I got the G Pad was update it. (I only got this device last week)
30th July 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Lincoln

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGaitas

Yes, 4.4.2 stock. I didn't get to try out Sonic on 4.2.2 because the first thing I did when I got the G Pad was update it. (I only got this device last week)

Well if I get a response I'll let you know. I got my tablet in May. It's a great little device. Hardly put mine down
31st July 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #6  

1 posts
Hi,

Same thing here (v20a 4.4.2 root)
Tested Sonic 2 and Sonic CD. These games ran flawlessly two days ago, when I was still in 4.2.2...

FYI same problem with "Leo's Fortune" now, which also ran fine before the update
No such problem in "Type Rider" for instance (similar gameplay)

These are the only ones I tested so far
Any problem with other games ?

edit : When it happens, pressing Home button then going back to the game gives another 20 seconds of smooth gameplay, but then...
In another (french) forum, a guy reported having this issue with 4.4.2 stock, but not anymore after installing CM11
Sounds like LG software might be the problem, not KitKat
Last edited by idontmind; 1st August 2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: more feedback
1st August 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Lincoln

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idontmind

edit : When it happens, pressing Home button then going back to the game gives another 20 seconds of smooth gameplay, but then...
In another (french) forum, a guy reported having this issue with 4.4.2 stock, but not anymore after installing CM11
Sounds like LG software might be the problem, not KitKat

Hmm interesting. At first I was very much against rooting and installing a custom rom on this tablet, but slowly the benefits are starting to outweigh the stock. Screen casting and higher app compatibility... hmm.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread