Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,209 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Apex Launcher and nav bar...

Tip us?

King_Rat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Default Apex Launcher and nav bar...

Three dots keep coming and going in my nav bar (refer screenie)

Aesthetically it's not pleasing, plus the first time it appeared I thought it was there to stay - so I removed dock and used nav bar for all shortcuts, and you know it - the bloody thing disappeared!?

So I was effectively locked out of the launcher... Now the frickin thing is back again!!??

How to remove/disable it??

T.I.A

On CM11 4.4.4, latest Apex Launcher...

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404464949364.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	2832191  

sleekmason
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Rat View Post

Aesthetically it's not pleasing, plus the first time it appeared I thought it was there to stay - so I removed dock and used nav bar for all shortcuts, and you know it - the bloody thing disappeared!?

So I was effectively locked out of the launcher... Now the frickin thing is back again!!??

T.I.A

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad
Try nova...

ncguy68
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:

T.I.A

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad
Those three dots are the menu. It pops up in certain apps that have no other menu option. It can be disabled in most custom roms, but not the launcher.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda premium

whoamigriffiths
Old
Thanks Meter 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy68 View Post
Those three dots are the menu. It pops up in certain apps that have no other menu option. It can be disabled in most custom roms, but not the launcher.

Yup, go to settings and find your navbar settings. You should have full control over the menu button (the 3 dots)

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app
"It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw."

King_Rat
Old
(Last edited by King_Rat; 5th July 2014 at 09:41 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
@ all... I am aware that they are for Apex menu, that's why I disabled dock so I could use dots and nav bar for menu navigation... CM11 as far as I can tell doesn't allow nav bar tweaking. Ever since CM went legit their roms have been a lot less feature packed, my old ideos on CM7 had more options than their latest and greatest. Also, the fact it comes and goes is the problem. 4.4.4 bug w/ Apex maybe...

Sent from my Z10 Warbird

ncguy68
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]@ all... I am aware that they are for Apex menu, that's why I disabled dock so I could use dots and nav bar for menu navigation... CM11 as far as I can tell doesn't allow nav bar tweaking. Ever since CM went legit their roms have been a lot less feature packed, my old ideos on CM7 had more options than their latest and greatest. Also, the fact it comes and goes is the problem. 4.4.4 bug w/ Apex maybe...

Sent from my Z10 Warbird
On my tablet certain apps use the menu (three dots) XDA, Amazon, Movie Fone, GoodReads, etc. I have not used CM on my Gpad, but on my Asus Tablet CM11 does have Nav Bar customizations. On my Gpad I use Slimkat and it allows you to turn off the menu.

King_Rat
Old
(Last edited by King_Rat; 7th July 2014 at 09:48 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
:5laps-head: found buttons...

If I enable menu autohide, it'll be gone for a whole then come back!?

I've disabled it so we'll see what functionality I lose and whether it comes back again... Remember I don't mind seeing it in app, but when Launcher is only app open - I'd like it to am-scray

Update: with auto hide it still reappears!? If I disable it apps lose functionality... Reboot, or toggle hide/show in navbar settings gets rid of it for a while... But it's as annoying as heck!

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad

fettfan
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Have you contacted Apex? I've been using them for a few years and have had to contact them a few time. They're pretty good about responding.

I'm running stock ROM and Jelly Bean so I don't have this issue...sorry, that's all I got for you.

King_Rat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by fettfan View Post
Have you contacted Apex? I've been using them for a few years and have had to contact them a few time. They're pretty good about responding.

I'm running stock ROM and Jelly Bean so I don't have this issue...sorry, that's all I got for you.
I've moved it to far left, for some reason I don't find it as irritating on this side when it randomly pops up...

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad

ncguy68
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I am using Apex Pro 2.4.1 beta 2 and I do not have the three dot menu icon on my Gpad 8.3.