Fixed! (Well, somewhat...)
So, here's what I ended up doing:
I am on 4.4.2, rooted.
I unistalled SetCPU, and installed the "Trickster MOD Kernel Settings" app (Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kstermod&hl=en
In Trickster MOD, I did the following:
- Under the General menu, I set the governor to "Interactive".
- Under the Specific Menu, I changed the following:
- Temperature Throttle = On (default is OFF)
- GPU Governor = On Demand or Performance (either one seemed to work, default is On Demand)
- GPU Max Frequency = 400 (default on mine was 320 for some reason)
Once you set everything up, reboot the tablet.
Recall that in the beginning, with no tweaks, I was scoring around 16000 in Antutu Benchmark.
With these minor tweaks, I've benchmarked it several times and now consistently score between 21000 to 22000 in Antutu.