Originally Posted by parsifal968
i don't start a flame and don't launch a... drum roll!
i want to share a possible solution and not play my bongos.
if my engRish is bad and do some confusion... sorry.
1) fresh buyed gpad with sd working for many months
2) sd gived to others
3) gpad upped to kitkat and installed a twrp with the only method: mixed bases
4) new sd buyed... at first insertion start of a pletora of bad dismounts visible WITHOUT the (infamous?) app but simply via system warning
5) sd bad? NOT on others tablet and pc
6) many time wasted to search a possible solution tryed hundreds!!!
7) finally the solution described... and for about 2 weeks not a single bad dismount or random unmount. (the (infamous?) app work)
Sorry for my try to help others.
I can confirm that I seemed to have less trouble with 4.2.2 than with 4.4.2. Both of these being completely stock, no recovery, nothing not from the factory installs (other than apps from the play store). However I still have an occasional problem. However in my case I can not yet completely discount that my problem may have been with a sd card beginning to go bad (hence the purchase of a new card). A factory reset of 4.4.2 seemed to cause things to be fine for a week or so, but then I started seeing bad removals again. Most often my bad removals seem to be associated with google play music caching on the sd card. Do you all have play music configured that way?
However, with the new card I now have, I have not had a single bad removal (yet)
It is now 3 days without a bad removal...