Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

External SD card and G PAD... try to clarify

Tip us?

meanoc
Old
Thanks Meter 23
So without doing anything different I have went 9 days with no bad remounts. Nothing added or removed.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

I maybe on to something. Anyone who is having this issue please do the following: Do not plug in the tablet, Let it run until it dies. I let mine run without charge and let the tablet shutoff on its own and never had one bad dismount. So 9 days later I plug the tablet in and on the first sleep cycle I got a bad dismount.

So to me it seems at least in my case that the dismounts are caused by being charged while sleeping. I will continue to experiment to confirm.

Thought the tablet would get sold on Craigslist but it seems no one wants it So I'll continue messing around until I get pissed enough to trash it.
The Following User Says Thank You to meanoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muiriddin
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Interesting thinking back many of my bad removals happened shortly after being removed from the charger. I wonder if charging is related somehow?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to muiriddin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meanoc
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by muiriddin View Post
Interesting thinking back many of my bad removals happened shortly after being removed from the charger. I wonder if charging is related somehow?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
It does have something to do with the charging. I haven't quite figured it out, but I can now cause bad dismounts at will and can prevent them as well.

Does anyone know who makes the best aftermarket charger? Also with the tablet disassembled what would be the best point to get a voltage reading? I have a theory I'm dying to try.
The Following User Says Thank You to meanoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muiriddin
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanoc View Post
It does have something to do with the charging. I haven't quite figured it out, but I can now cause bad dismounts at will and can prevent them as well.

Does anyone know who makes the best aftermarket charger? Also with the tablet disassembled what would be the best point to get a voltage reading? I have a theory I'm dying to try.
I have been using the stock charger almost always up to this point. As far as aftermarket chargers go, they definitely vary in quality. For some other devices I've been happy with the chargers I've gotten from Anker. However I'm unsure how you would rate it as "best" or not...
The Following User Says Thank You to muiriddin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meanoc
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by muiriddin View Post
I have been using the stock charger almost always up to this point. As far as aftermarket chargers go, they definitely vary in quality. For some other devices I've been happy with the chargers I've gotten from Anker. However I'm unsure how you would rate it as "best" or not...
Well after buying a lot of crappy brands I figured I would see what everyone else recommends. I think Best Buy carries Anker so I'll try to get one tomorrow if I can get a ride.

Thanks for the reply

muiriddin
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanoc View Post
Well after buying a lot of crappy brands I figured I would see what everyone else recommends. I think Best Buy carries Anker so I'll try to get one tomorrow if I can get a ride.

Thanks for the reply
My guess on bestbuy is that they will have the anker portable battery based chargers in stock but may not have the simple chargers.