Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 38,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

External SD card and G PAD... try to clarify

Tip us?

MattNoir
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This update deserves own reply.
Maybe I found solution for this. The key is to go back to 4.2.2 stock ROM. I used this method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...51&postcount=4 and the only thing I did the other way was installing TWRP. You have to install ROM installer and install TWRP 2.6. THEN, through TWRP install update (attached, don't know where I got it from, if I find out, I will add link) and after that you can install 4.2.2 ROM. It's already rooted with TWRP 2.7. After that, you can install any ROM you want. I am back to slimrom and no SD card issues anymore
Attached Files
File Type: zip v500-TWRP_2.7.1.0-recovery.zip - [Click for QR Code] (10.38 MB, 1 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to MattNoir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jimmys_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default CyanogenMod 11 M10 by infected_ unable to mount SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattNoir View Post
This update deserves own reply.
Maybe I found solution for this. The key is to go back to 4.2.2 stock ROM. I used this method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...51&postcount=4 and the only thing I did the other way was installing TWRP. You have to install ROM installer and install TWRP 2.6. THEN, through TWRP install update (attached, don't know where I got it from, if I find out, I will add link) and after that you can install 4.2.2 ROM. It's already rooted with TWRP 2.7. After that, you can install any ROM you want. I am back to slimrom and no SD card issues anymore
I believe the SD card issue is ROM related.

When upgrading from M9 to M10 CM11 by infected_ , I am not able to mount and access my SD card (Samsung 64gb EVO). Reverting back to M9 allows me to see the card again. I tried the upgrade and revert back 3 times with same result. I wanted to post this at the CM11 by infected_ thread in development section to notify him of this issue but is restricted by the forum for being a new member. ( can someone with privilege please post or notify infected_ of this issue?)

I have the V500 with CM11 M9 by infected_, TWRP 2.7.1 with no SD card issue at this time.

theredexecutioner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
me too..went back to 4.2.2 stock and rooted and no sd problem any more even with link2sd.i'm very happy.

jimmys_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help posting SD card issue in Development Section LG V500 CM11 by infected_

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmys_ View Post
I believe the SD card issue is ROM related.

When upgrading from M9 to M10 CM11 by infected_ , I am not able to mount and access my SD card (Samsung 64gb EVO). Reverting back to M9 allows me to see the card again. I tried the upgrade and revert back 3 times with same result. I wanted to post this at the CM11 by infected_ thread in development section to notify him of this issue but is restricted by the forum for being a new member. ( can someone with privilege please post or notify infected_ of this issue?)

I have the V500 with CM11 M9 by infected_, TWRP 2.7.1 with no SD card issue at this time.
Can someone with privilege help me post this message for the CM11 thread by infected_ to make him aware of the SD card issue with the M10 version? Thank you for your help.