Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,223 Members 52,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Fastboot / unlocking bootloader

Tip us?
 
Buster99
Old
(Last edited by Buster99; 30th June 2014 at 04:48 PM.) Reason: PS
#1  
Buster99's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 220
Posts: 399
Join Date: Nov 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Fastboot / unlocking bootloader

Hey Guys,

quick question - where is the bootloader on this thing?

I just received my G Pad today - used towelroot and flashify to flash twrp and was able to get root and do a nandroid in twrp.

BUT:
while booting recovery via adb command (and via quick boot) it identifies as V510 and states boot success bootloader unlocked.

Yet i can't boot to recovery or bootloader via vol up/down and no bootloader via ad reboot bootloader or quick boot/termnial

where can i unlock that bootloader for sure? all i could find was the normal fastboot method with oem unlock but no fastboot for me.

Any help/hint is appreciated.

Cheers
Buster

PS: (edit)
I don't mean download mode - this works (LG Tool recognizes it)


OnePlus One - PACman Rom, TWRP2 /\ V500 - PAC-Man ROM - TWRP2 /\ TF300t - CyanogenMOD 11 ART - TWRP2 /\ Work: Xperia Z1 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery
retired:
GT-I9505 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery /\ A700 - PAC-Man Rom - TWRP2 /\ Galaxy Nexus - CM10 - TWRP2 /\ Sony X10 rooted stock (crappy phone) /\ iphone 4 (work)

Stay Secure - Use LastPass Passwordmanager (and get 1 month free for your android device)

if I was of assistance kindly hit the thanks button
 
whatever47
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jan 2014
Have a look over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo3YfszOPsQ

or

On the tablet start Flashify , in the menu press: reboot to recovery.
 
Buster99
Old
#3  
Buster99's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 220
Posts: 399
Join Date: Nov 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever47 View Post
Have a look over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo3YfszOPsQ

or

On the tablet start Flashify , in the menu press: reboot to recovery.
Thanks, but recovery is not my Problem (as stated before)

bootloader (fastboot oem unlock) is my problem to get to (download mode works)
i want to unlock my bootloader so i need to get into bootloader to do that


cheers
Buster


OnePlus One - PACman Rom, TWRP2 /\ V500 - PAC-Man ROM - TWRP2 /\ TF300t - CyanogenMOD 11 ART - TWRP2 /\ Work: Xperia Z1 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery
retired:
GT-I9505 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery /\ A700 - PAC-Man Rom - TWRP2 /\ Galaxy Nexus - CM10 - TWRP2 /\ Sony X10 rooted stock (crappy phone) /\ iphone 4 (work)

Stay Secure - Use LastPass Passwordmanager (and get 1 month free for your android device)

if I was of assistance kindly hit the thanks button
 
cam30era
Old
#4  
cam30era's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 392
Posts: 1,620
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster99 View Post
Thanks, but recovery is not my Problem (as stated before)

bootloader (fastboot oem unlock) is my problem to get to (download mode works)
i want to unlock my bootloader so i need to get into bootloader to do that


cheers
Buster
Go here >http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575783

In OP, 3rd point under "How to”.
 
Buster99
Old
#5  
Buster99's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 220
Posts: 399
Join Date: Nov 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
Go here >http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575783

In OP, 3rd point under "How to”.
Thanks - but that IS my Problem - there is no fastboot for me!

to clarify it more check attached youtube:
http://youtu.be/EMqFZb-cV98


OnePlus One - PACman Rom, TWRP2 /\ V500 - PAC-Man ROM - TWRP2 /\ TF300t - CyanogenMOD 11 ART - TWRP2 /\ Work: Xperia Z1 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery
retired:
GT-I9505 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery /\ A700 - PAC-Man Rom - TWRP2 /\ Galaxy Nexus - CM10 - TWRP2 /\ Sony X10 rooted stock (crappy phone) /\ iphone 4 (work)

Stay Secure - Use LastPass Passwordmanager (and get 1 month free for your android device)

if I was of assistance kindly hit the thanks button
 
cam30era
Old
#6  
cam30era's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 392
Posts: 1,620
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster99 View Post
Thanks - but that IS my Problem - there is no fastboot for me!

to clarify it more check attached youtube:
http://youtu.be/EMqFZb-cV98
Are you sure it's a V510 (Google Play Edition)? What was the stock ROM? GPE or LGs ROM?
 
Buster99
Old
#7  
Buster99's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 220
Posts: 399
Join Date: Nov 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
Are you sure it's a V510 (Google Play Edition)? What was the stock ROM? GPE or LGs ROM?
Nope its not a GPE. thats just what the twrp boot stated.


OnePlus One - PACman Rom, TWRP2 /\ V500 - PAC-Man ROM - TWRP2 /\ TF300t - CyanogenMOD 11 ART - TWRP2 /\ Work: Xperia Z1 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery
retired:
GT-I9505 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery /\ A700 - PAC-Man Rom - TWRP2 /\ Galaxy Nexus - CM10 - TWRP2 /\ Sony X10 rooted stock (crappy phone) /\ iphone 4 (work)

Stay Secure - Use LastPass Passwordmanager (and get 1 month free for your android device)

if I was of assistance kindly hit the thanks button
 
cam30era
Old
#8  
cam30era's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 392
Posts: 1,620
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster99 View Post
Nope its not a GPE. thats just what the twrp boot stated.
What I suspected. Sounds like the incorrect version of TWRP was installed. You'll need to go the the V500 thread, pinned to the top of the General section and follow the various instructions for installing Loki. You can't unlock your bootloader on the V500, per se. There is a work around. That's why you couldn't find what you were looking for.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam30era For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Buster99
Old
#9  
Buster99's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 220
Posts: 399
Join Date: Nov 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
What I suspected. Sounds like the incorrect version of TWRP was installed. You'll need to go the the V500 thread, pinned to the top of the General section and follow the various instructions for installing Loki. You can't unlock your bootloader on the V500, per se. There is a work around. That's why you couldn't find what you were looking for.
Well that explains it then - if only the GPE edition is unlockable - it goes back to the seller. and LG gets a nice email about that.
also since I'm on 4.4.2 now the loki install fails so I'm out of luck anyways. (TWRP was the correct one btw on 4.2.2.)

thanks

cheers
Buster


OnePlus One - PACman Rom, TWRP2 /\ V500 - PAC-Man ROM - TWRP2 /\ TF300t - CyanogenMOD 11 ART - TWRP2 /\ Work: Xperia Z1 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery
retired:
GT-I9505 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery /\ A700 - PAC-Man Rom - TWRP2 /\ Galaxy Nexus - CM10 - TWRP2 /\ Sony X10 rooted stock (crappy phone) /\ iphone 4 (work)

Stay Secure - Use LastPass Passwordmanager (and get 1 month free for your android device)

if I was of assistance kindly hit the thanks button
 
cam30era
Old
#10  
cam30era's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 392
Posts: 1,620
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster99 View Post
Well that explains it then - if only the GPE edition is unlockable - it goes back to the seller. and LG gets a nice email about that.
also since I'm on 4.4.2 now the loki install fails so I'm out of luck anyways. (TWRP was the correct one btw on 4.2.2.)

thanks

cheers
Buster
Yup. Only the GPE has an unlockable bootloader.

Tags
bootloader, fastboot, g pad 8.3, unlock
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes