Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,628 Members 38,728 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] G Pad and Google Chromecast

Tip us?

ChrisGarner
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] G Pad and Google Chromecast

Hi everyone.

First off I apologize if this question was already answered somewhere in the forum, but I did a search and was not able to find an answer to my question. Let me say that I am more than happy with this tablet (I had very bad experience with some old Asus tablets) and this is very good thus far. The only real concern that I have is when you use it in combination with the Google Chromecast. I used it with 2 applications so far, one is Plex and the other one is Deezer and I noticed a very similar behavior: in both cases the applications got closed. Even if they create a background service through the notification in the status bar. Could it be something related to the G Pad itself or could it be something related to the Wifi connection / Chromecast behavior?

Thanks everyone for the help

killerskincanoe
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I just hopped on here to ask a question about Chromecast and my G Pad... Unrelated to your questions. However, I can say i've used Plex extensively and haven't had any issues. Sometimes youtube will do weird things tho.

My question relates to the recent update to chromecast that allows screen mirroring... i've updated my chromecast and my g pad to match the latest firmware and version.

still no setting my chromecast app that says "share screen"

it's there on my nexus 7 2014 tho.

what gives.
[CURRENT PHONE]
OnePlus One 64gb (BigBlue)
LG G3 (BigRed)
[OTHER DEVICES]
LG Optimus G (StraightTalk) g/f uses it
LG G Pad 8.3 (WiFi)
Nexus 7 2014 (WiFi)
Oppo Find5 (WiFi)

[I][RETIRED]
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 8013 (sold)
Sony Xperia Ion (broken mic)
HTC Inspire 4G (cracked screen 2x)
iPhone 4s x2
LG QUANTUM (stolen)
Xperia x10a White (stick kickin)
LG eXpo
Xperia X1a (android 2.3 on this bad boy haha)

gankstar5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerskincanoe View Post
I just hopped on here to ask a question about Chromecast and my G Pad... Unrelated to your questions. However, I can say i've used Plex extensively and haven't had any issues. Sometimes youtube will do weird things tho.

My question relates to the recent update to chromecast that allows screen mirroring... i've updated my chromecast and my g pad to match the latest firmware and version.

still no setting my chromecast app that says "share screen"

it's there on my nexus 7 2014 tho.

what gives.
Hi there. Sorry if it's a bit obvious answer but not all Android devices are supported for screen mirroring (unless rooted). As per the Chromecast website, only the following devices are officially supported:

Nexus 4 Nexus 5 Nexus 7 (2013) Nexus 10 Samsung Galaxy S4 Samsung Galaxy S5 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (2014) HTC One M7 LG G Pro2 LG G2 and LG G3 running KitKat MR1 or higher.
Tags
chromecast, g pad 8.3