[Q] G Pad, Kit Kat 4.4.2, KOT49I.V50020b: Which TWRP.img (and/or aboot/loki file)?
- LG G Pad 8.3 with LG's custom interface OS
- Android version 4.4.2
- Kernel version 3.4.0
- Build number KOT49I.V50020b
- Software version V50020b
Here is an image of the software information:
I have already:
- The LG drivers installed and updated -
- Rooted the G Pad with towelroot's tr.apk (many thanks to the guy who made that method!)
- Root checker and SuperSU installed and verifying the device is rooted
- Google USB drivers (after rooting, the device refused to be recognized through the USB - installing the Google USB drivers seemed to fix that, although occasionally it dissappears again and I have to unplug/replug the USB cable)
- Google ADT Bundle (adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140624 - although to be honest, my knowledge of using this program is limited)
- Flashify (and Rashr - uncertain which is best to use, although both look good)
- Install TWRP
- Use TWRP to install Cyanogen Mod
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. My G Pad has a micro SD card, which it can also write to (thanks to the G Pad being rooted). I'm a competent Windows and Android user, but by no means a hacker. If I want to upgrade or fix something, I read read read and try try try. But installing a new OS on my tablet is a new experience and I don't want to turn my tablet into a permanent brick! I have done all my homework, and think I know all the concepts, and generally the procedure. Now I just need the specific files and procedure for my G Pad.
My questions are:
1) Which TWRP recovery/boot image should I use to flash my device? (I tried a version, and briefly turned my G Pad into a brick! Fortunately I tried some power+volume combinations that I discovered, and that seemed to return to the original system.) My best options I have found seem to be:
plus using step 3 here (a loki-exploitable ABOOT and TWRP)
2) Do I need to use an aboot/loki file first? (Apparently 4.4.2 doesn't have a loki exploit? I'm a little unclear about this tbh.)
3) Can/should I use ROM Toolbox or ROM Manager?
4) If you try to flash a TWRP, and it doesn't work, does/can the device just return to the standard OS? (This is what seems to have happened with my G Pad.)
5) Should I wait until the community has more experience TWRP-ing and modding the G Pad Kit Kat 4.4.2, V50020b device? (There seem to be a lot of posts with people installing TWRP and installing another OS.)
Many thanks in advance. And while I am decent with computers and technology in general, I humbly ask to speak/explain it to me including steps you probably already know are obvious(!) - I don't want to miss anything, and it is probably not obvious for me, as this is more or less my first time! If I can make this question clearer, or can provide better information, I will update this comment. Again, many thanks in advance!