Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 37,819 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] G Pad stopped playing video from SD card?

Tip us?

allystew
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] G Pad stopped playing video from SD card?

Hi. I was watching a TV show avi file on my stock GPad stored on a 128GB class 10 Sandisk, when suddenly it stopped working and said something like "Cannot play this video" which was strange as it had played the previous episodes and half of that episode fine. I was using MX Player so thought I'd try the stock video player and it couldn't load the files either. I tried some other files both avi and mkv and no luck either. Then I loaded the video files onto the internal memory and they play fine so its not a problem with the files or the media players. Also all my music and photos that are stored on the SD card play back fine. So why did video files stop working? Anybody else have this issue?

brian566
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by allystew View Post
Hi. I was watching a TV show avi file on my stock GPad stored on a 128GB class 10 Sandisk, when suddenly it stopped working and said something like "Cannot play this video" which was strange as it had played the previous episodes and half of that episode fine. I was using MX Player so thought I'd try the stock video player and it couldn't load the files either. I tried some other files both avi and mkv and no luck either. Then I loaded the video files onto the internal memory and they play fine so its not a problem with the files or the media players. Also all my music and photos that are stored on the SD card play back fine. So why did video files stop working? Anybody else have this issue?
Yes i have this exact same problem put movies on sd card to watch on flights you watch half way then stops so now only put on device memory and same as you no problems one way is to store on sd card then transfer to device memory to play.all this i suspect is the kit kat update

muiriddin
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Try installing the sd card monitor app and see if you are getting a bad removal about the time that the playback problem happens. See the following thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...arify-t2794258