Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Google play edition or not??

OP ccheung

12th August 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
207 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
I can pick up both Google pay edition or normal retail edition with similar price. Which one is better to buy? I saw most customized ROMs are made for V500, can they also installed for Google edition? if not, does Google edition only have a very limited ROM available?
12th August 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #2  
muiriddin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mid-Atlantic
Thanks Meter: 104
 
332 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheung

I can pick up both Google pay edition or normal retail edition with similar price. Which one is better to buy? I saw most customized ROMs are made for V500, can they also installed for Google edition? if not, does Google edition only have a very limited ROM available?

This really comes down to personal preference. However the roms for the V500 do not work on the V510 and vice versa. The hardware appears to be different enough that folks have been unable to make "universal" roms for both devices.
12th August 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
160 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
i bought the non gpe v500 g pad but if i had the option to do it i would pick the google one...Its much smoother and the ui is simplistick.with the lg roms you got too much unnecessery apps and visuals that requieres memory.
Now im using CM rom and i see much different in ui workspace.
GO FOR THE GOOGLE EDITION!
12th August 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #4  
cam30era's Avatar
Senior Member
Columbus, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 466
 
1,891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheung

I can pick up both Google pay edition or normal retail edition with similar price. Which one is better to buy? I saw most customized ROMs are made for V500, can they also installed for Google edition? if not, does Google edition only have a very limited ROM available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_windows

i bought the non gpe v500 g pad but if i had the option to do it i would pick the google one...Its much smoother and the ui is simplistick.with the lg roms you got too much unnecessery apps and visuals that requieres memory.
Now im using CM rom and i see much different in ui workspace.
GO FOR THE GOOGLE EDITION!

I started with V500. Sold it on swappa.com and bought a GPE. Much smoother, faster tablet.
13th August 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #5  
galaxys's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vegas & Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 629
 
8,268 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
More
I just got my GPE and really like its kk4.4.4 smoothness & speed. Unlocked & Rooted it, then flashed Sleeks kernel and using Exposed!
14th August 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
160 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era

I started with V500. Sold it on swappa.com and bought a GPE. Much smoother, faster tablet.

or you can flash a ROM!mines also goes fast right now with custom rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes