Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 40,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google play edition or not??

Tip us?

ccheung
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Google play edition or not??

I can pick up both Google pay edition or normal retail edition with similar price. Which one is better to buy? I saw most customized ROMs are made for V500, can they also installed for Google edition? if not, does Google edition only have a very limited ROM available?

muiriddin
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheung View Post
I can pick up both Google pay edition or normal retail edition with similar price. Which one is better to buy? I saw most customized ROMs are made for V500, can they also installed for Google edition? if not, does Google edition only have a very limited ROM available?
This really comes down to personal preference. However the roms for the V500 do not work on the V510 and vice versa. The hardware appears to be different enough that folks have been unable to make "universal" roms for both devices.

Bill_windows
Old
Thanks Meter 11
i bought the non gpe v500 g pad but if i had the option to do it i would pick the google one...Its much smoother and the ui is simplistick.with the lg roms you got too much unnecessery apps and visuals that requieres memory.
Now im using CM rom and i see much different in ui workspace.
GO FOR THE GOOGLE EDITION!

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_windows View Post
i bought the non gpe v500 g pad but if i had the option to do it i would pick the google one...Its much smoother and the ui is simplistick.with the lg roms you got too much unnecessery apps and visuals that requieres memory.
Now im using CM rom and i see much different in ui workspace.
GO FOR THE GOOGLE EDITION!
I started with V500. Sold it on swappa.com and bought a GPE. Much smoother, faster tablet.

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 561
I just got my GPE and really like its kk4.4.4 smoothness & speed. Unlocked & Rooted it, then flashed Sleeks kernel and using Exposed!
LGNexus5(art+purity+codeblue+twrp) & LGGPad8.3(gpe)<LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy EDM Mix - Travel is a Universal High!

Bill_windows
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
I started with V500. Sold it on swappa.com and bought a GPE. Much smoother, faster tablet.
or you can flash a ROM!mines also goes fast right now with custom rom