FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Gpad 8.3 update to 4.4 2 no longer able to read sim card from tmobile.

60 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By Casetheace, Member on 3rd August 2014, 02:53 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th November 2015, 03:47 AM |#11  
Flag Erie
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i run this line of code and i get operation not permitted , im not sure what im doing wrong. ive tried it over a few diffrent computers, and have also ran adb of the tablet it self thru term... any ideas?

dd if=/sdcard/modem.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem

also its rooted with TWRP and CM12.1 installed but i have no cell service the options in settings are grayed out i cant enter and settings manually. and the Network app wont work to change anything

want to set it up to runn off AT&T the best i can
Last edited by ally83; 9th November 2015 at 03:50 AM.

9th November 2015, 01:25 PM |#12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 3,946

Donate to Me
More
Did you give terminal Superuser permissions with "su"?
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roirraW "edor" ehT Ad-Free
10th November 2015, 01:05 AM |#13  
Flag Erie

More
yes super user was granted
10th November 2015, 01:06 PM |#14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 3,946

Donate to Me
More
I don't know what's wrong then.

You could take my ROM zip from my signature, delete all the partition IMG files out of it, put the modem.img you want in, and edit the updater-script to remove anything having to do with flashing the other partitions, then flash the resulting zip in TWRP. Make sure you know how to recover and have everything saved that you want to keep from internal storage in case you do something wrong, though.

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

You know, I haven't been able to get mobile data working on any CM-based ROM on the VK810 yet, so that's probably your trouble. If you want mobile data you'll have to go stock. Some people had some luck on CM-based ROMs but then eventually it stopped working. I didn't have any luck at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roirraW "edor" ehT Ad-Free
11th November 2015, 02:48 AM |#15  
Flag Erie

More
Thank you for the info, I think I'll just wait for a possible workaround, until then I'll just use internet share from my phone.... That and I haven't the foggiest idea hownto do what you told me to do with the updater and what not lol , so rather than really screw things up, I'll just stick with WiFi..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)