FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

how to install custom recovery on v50020d ?

28th June 2014, 07:46 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 177

More
my G Pad's on v50020d and rooted but i can not install custom recovery like v50020a or v50020b
can somebody help me how to install custom recovery on v50020d ?
thanks

21st July 2014, 05:17 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Check out this link
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1n9n0th1n9

my G Pad's on v50020d and rooted but i can not install custom recovery like v50020a or v50020b
can somebody help me how to install custom recovery on v50020d ?
thanks

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...nning-t2790834
26th December 2014, 11:31 AM |#3  
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0intman

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...nning-t2790834

that doesn't work for me. dunno why....
26th December 2014, 03:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Any more info? What exactly doesn't work ?
10th January 2015, 11:18 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Lightbulb How to install twrp
How to install TWRP recovery on the lg g pad 8.3 v50020d

Since i'm new to this forums i'm not allowed to post any links just google those names and you will find them on androidfilehost

Hi everyone so first of all I would like to say i'm sorry for my English, so i finally found a way to install TWRP on the lg g pad 8.3 do this at your own risk first we are going to downgrade the g pad to version 4.2.2 and then use existing tutorials to install twrp.
First things first, make sure you enable USB Debugging on your device and also go to USB connection and put it on LG software.

Part 1 DOWNLOADS (make sure you download everything below)
-LG mobile support (download and install)
-LGMOBILEAX
-LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix
-V50010A_00.zip
To make it easy unzip all file in one folder this includes G pad firmware 4.2.2 unzip it to a .KDZ file

Step 1 go to C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX and delete everything in it
Step 1.1 copy and pase everything from the LGMOBILEAX.zip file you downloaded above

Step 2 go to the extrected folder of LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix and run the Automatic Offline Procedure
optional if you get an error code then try this, go to start and run notepad.exe as administrator
Go to file, open and then go to this path C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc click on view all files and open the host file (if you have 2 host files do the same on both) paste this below
127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com
127.0.0.1 csmgdl.lgmobile.com

Then save it
Step 2.1 After opening the offline procedure you will get a message host file set ok after that message you will see an icon on the right of your windows status bar windows enabler just double click it untill it says on
now a program start up
Step 2.2 on the right of the program you will see select kdz file go to the place you extracted the 4.2.2 firmware
step 2.3 now click on normal web upgrade test and then on Upgrade start
step 2.4 leave everything as it is just replace the country to defferent country, and press ok
After thats done you should be back to 4.2.2
7th February 2015, 06:37 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, thanks for this. I get as far as step 2.3 and then the LG Mobile Support Tool opens and doesn't detect my G Pad. Any ideas? My laptop detects the tablet ok, I've tried with MTP on and off and on different ports but it's still not being found.
8th February 2015, 08:00 PM |#7  
Flag Bonn
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMonkey

Hi, thanks for this. I get as far as step 2.3 and then the LG Mobile Support Tool opens and doesn't detect my G Pad. Any ideas? My laptop detects the tablet ok, I've tried with MTP on and off and on different ports but it's still not being found.

You must put your tablet in Download Mode!
9th February 2015, 09:22 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey, thanks for that. I've gone into download mode and got a step further - the LG Mobile Support Tool seems to get somewhere close to finding my tablet. It tell me it's connecting for a few seconds, then I see it saying 'software update is available', but then it crashes

Details are logged as below. Getting closer though, have you any more ideas?

Thanks

Faulting application name: LGUserCSTool.exe, version: 1.6.9.0, time stamp: 0x529ef4ee
Faulting module name: LGUserCSTool.exe, version: 1.6.9.0, time stamp: 0x529ef4ee
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0006468a
Faulting process id: 0x13fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d044ad6ec398b6
Faulting application path: C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client\LGUserCSTool. exe
Faulting module path: C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client\LGUserCSTool. exe
Report Id: bf6193d1-b0a0-11e4-828c-08002700fca7
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
16th February 2015, 11:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
After I tried using flashify to install twrp all I see when it tries to boot into recovery is the secure boot warning message. Do I need to do a factory reset when android has loaded? I'm also on 20d rooted via towel.
30th March 2015, 09:53 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMonkey

Hey, thanks for that. I've gone into download mode and got a step further - the LG Mobile Support Tool seems to get somewhere close to finding my tablet. It tell me it's connecting for a few seconds, then I see it saying 'software update is available', but then it crashes

Details are logged as below. Getting closer though, have you any more ideas?

Thanks

Faulting application name: LGUserCSTool.exe, version: 1.6.9.0, time stamp: 0x529ef4ee
Faulting module name: LGUserCSTool.exe, version: 1.6.9.0, time stamp: 0x529ef4ee
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0006468a
Faulting process id: 0x13fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d044ad6ec398b6
Faulting application path: C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client\LGUserCSTool. exe
Faulting module path: C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client\LGUserCSTool. exe
Report Id: bf6193d1-b0a0-11e4-828c-08002700fca7
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Try using another computer or another usb port or another usb cable I managed to fix mine by using a very old laptop
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread