Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Looking for the most stable and working AOSP based ROM for G PAD?

Tip us?

djsynth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Smile [Q] Looking for the most stable and working AOSP based ROM for G PAD?

Hi there I am looking for a AOSP Based ROM =, I've seen CM11 and a couple of other ROMS but not sure which one would be the most stable and battery friendly.

People with more experience with flashing the roms currently available could you please share your experiences?

I am currently using a European LG Stock rooted rom but I want the speed and fluidity of AOSP based ROM with hopefully improved battery life
and most of the hardware working e.g. IR Blaster etc

please share the which AOSP based ROM you are using, your experience with it and a link to it.

Thank you very much for your opinions and input beforehand.

whoamigriffiths
Old
Thanks Meter 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsynth View Post
Hi there I am looking for a AOSP Based ROM =, I've seen CM11 and a couple of other ROMS but not sure which one would be the most stable and battery friendly.

People with more experience with flashing the roms currently available could you please share your experiences?

I am currently using a European LG Stock rooted rom but I want the speed and fluidity of AOSP based ROM with hopefully improved battery life
and most of the hardware working e.g. IR Blaster etc

please share the which AOSP based ROM you are using, your experience with it and a link to it.

Thank you very much for your opinions and input beforehand.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of infecteds roms. They all seem fast and smooth. Checking the cpu governer is not set at ondemand, I think, is a must do.
I personally use infected SlimKat, though I used his cm11 nightlys for ages. His SlimKat, for me, is the best.
It's going to be more stable than cm Nightlies simply because it's not a nightly build. It's got a few extras that I love, but ultimately you need to have a flashing session and see which appeals to you most.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app
"It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw."
The Following User Says Thank You to whoamigriffiths For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pootch
Old
Thanks Meter 16
http://slimroms.net/
Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250
Rom:Slim Kat
Kernel: builtin
Launcher: Nova Launcher

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG G Pad 8.3
Rom:Slim Kat
Kernel: builtin