Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

LRS G Pad 2.5.0 YouTube Problem

OP dannygrey

22nd August 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I've recently installed the rom on my G Pad and it works very well, until I get into YouTube and saw all of the videos looks glitchy.
(Can't post links, see imgur[dot]com[slash]GTsrMLk)
I thought it was the AIC kernel I installed, so I flashed back the stock kernel and still saw the glitchy videos. I try to watch some movies on my SD card using MX Player and they work very well. But the problem on YouTube is still there. Is there a way to fix this?
22nd August 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Just a quick response to this ! I have a non rooted standard g pad and when I use the you tube app my subscriptions start in a sripey black and white fashion I can hear the audio OK but the picture is about 5 horizontal stripes with the picture all mixed up within the stripes . I can view you tube fine in other browsers but the dedicated app is a mess ! Any help or work around greatly received ! I have uninstalled the updates and rebooted the g pad and still the problem persists !!
25th August 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboygb

Just a quick response to this ! I have a non rooted standard g pad and when I use the you tube app my subscriptions start in a sripey black and white fashion I can hear the audio OK but the picture is about 5 horizontal stripes with the picture all mixed up within the stripes . I can view you tube fine in other browsers but the dedicated app is a mess ! Any help or work around greatly received ! I have uninstalled the updates and rebooted the g pad and still the problem persists !!

My fix is to install the latest you tube app, and if it doesn't work (ant it wont) go to app info and force stop it and clear data.
Unfortunately it's not a permanent fix.
The problem may return (happened to me once) ,but you just do it again.
25th August 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Luton
Thanks Meter: 6

114 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi, I have same problem. Is this related just with LG G pad or is this problem with other devices?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th August 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

88 posts
More
Noticed the same thing today

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
30th August 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 42

366 posts
I noticed this also with a rooted stock 4.4.2 ROM. To resolve this I removed the latest update from the Youtube app and it has been fine so far.
It is now 5.5.27 for the Youtube app.

If you look at the Store you will note others are reporting the issue, seems to be the latest update causing it.
Last edited by vimesUK; 30th August 2014 at 11:18 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread