Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LRS G Pad 2.5.0 YouTube Problem

Tip us?

dannygrey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default LRS G Pad 2.5.0 YouTube Problem

I've recently installed the rom on my G Pad and it works very well, until I get into YouTube and saw all of the videos looks glitchy.
(Can't post links, see imgur[dot]com[slash]GTsrMLk)
I thought it was the AIC kernel I installed, so I flashed back the stock kernel and still saw the glitchy videos. I try to watch some movies on my SD card using MX Player and they work very well. But the problem on YouTube is still there. Is there a way to fix this?

johnnyboygb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just a quick response to this ! I have a non rooted standard g pad and when I use the you tube app my subscriptions start in a sripey black and white fashion I can hear the audio OK but the picture is about 5 horizontal stripes with the picture all mixed up within the stripes . I can view you tube fine in other browsers but the dedicated app is a mess ! Any help or work around greatly received ! I have uninstalled the updates and rebooted the g pad and still the problem persists !!

milanioom
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboygb View Post
Just a quick response to this ! I have a non rooted standard g pad and when I use the you tube app my subscriptions start in a sripey black and white fashion I can hear the audio OK but the picture is about 5 horizontal stripes with the picture all mixed up within the stripes . I can view you tube fine in other browsers but the dedicated app is a mess ! Any help or work around greatly received ! I have uninstalled the updates and rebooted the g pad and still the problem persists !!
My fix is to install the latest you tube app, and if it doesn't work (ant it wont) go to app info and force stop it and clear data.
Unfortunately it's not a permanent fix.
The problem may return (happened to me once) ,but you just do it again.

shawt
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Hi, I have same problem. Is this related just with LG G pad or is this problem with other devices?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mobius360
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Noticed the same thing today

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

vimesUK
Old
(Last edited by vimesUK; 30th August 2014 at 11:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 41
I noticed this also with a rooted stock 4.4.2 ROM. To resolve this I removed the latest update from the Youtube app and it has been fine so far.
It is now 5.5.27 for the Youtube app.

If you look at the Store you will note others are reporting the issue, seems to be the latest update causing it.