FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

microSD showing 0 capacity requires unmount/remount to fix

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By jarod004, Junior Member on 30th June 2014, 02:58 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello everyone,

I am experiencing an odd issue with my G PAD 8.3. It seems to randomly "appear" that the microSD is unmounted (when i check my filemanager, i am unable to enter /storage/external_SD... However, when I go to settings -> storage, the SD card is not exactly unmounted as I still have the Unmount SD card option still available. When I check the usage though its showing as 0GB. So what I do is, I unmount the SD from the settings menu, then remount it from the same menu thereafter. It will fix the issue, but after some time, it will again show as mounted but 0GB used.

My current setup is:
ROM: Slimkat 4.4.4 latest weekly build
Sdcard: 32 GB Sandisk

What I suspect is either of the following:
1. A bug with the ROM (since there isnt a stable release of Slimkat on the g pad)
2. An issue with the microSD. It might fail soon
3. An issue with one of the apps. Might be worth noting that I have foldermount installed on my tablet. since it is an application that mounts and unmounts directories from the microSD, perhaps this may cause the problem, though i havent seen anyone who have experienced a similar issue.

Any ideas what could cause this?
 
 
30th June 2014, 04:57 AM |#2  
sleekmason's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fayetteville
Thanks Meter: 363
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarod004

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing an odd issue with my G PAD 8.3. It seems to randomly "appear" that the microSD is unmounted (when i check my filemanager, i am unable to enter /storage/external_SD... However, when I go to settings -> storage, the SD card is not exactly unmounted as I still have the Unmount SD card option still available. When I check the usage though its showing as 0GB. So what I do is, I unmount the SD from the settings menu, then remount it from the same menu thereafter. It will fix the issue, but after some time, it will again show as mounted but 0GB used.

My current setup is:
ROM: Slimkat 4.4.4 latest weekly build
Sdcard: 32 GB Sandisk

What I suspect is either of the following:
1. A bug with the ROM (since there isnt a stable release of Slimkat on the g pad)
2. An issue with the microSD. It might fail soon
3. An issue with one of the apps. Might be worth noting that I have foldermount installed on my tablet. since it is an application that mounts and unmounts directories from the microSD, perhaps this may cause the problem, though i havent seen anyone who have experienced a similar issue.

Any ideas what could cause this?

Lookup sandisk sdcard problems on google.
Sandisk was having issues with some of their cards. Pop in a different one to make sure its not the tablet.
30th June 2014, 06:26 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekmason

Lookup sandisk sdcard problems on google.
Sandisk was having issues with some of their cards. Pop in a different one to make sure its not the tablet.

Thanks mate, ill pop one right in when I find one lying around. I might also try to slow format to FAT32 and then format the card using the tablet and see if it helps.... Just wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue. Been googling around, and the closest things I can see are people that are having issues when their microSD randomly gets unmounted... in my case its not really unmounted, just showing capacity is 0 and after a umount/remount cycle, it works again then shows 0gb again after some time...

Thanks for your response.
14th September 2014, 08:06 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Flag Košice
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarod004

Thanks mate, ill pop one right in when I find one lying around. I might also try to slow format to FAT32 and then format the card using the tablet and see if it helps.... Just wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue. Been googling around, and the closest things I can see are people that are having issues when their microSD randomly gets unmounted... in my case its not really unmounted, just showing capacity is 0 and after a umount/remount cycle, it works again then shows 0gb again after some time...

Thanks for your response.

Same issue here.
Slimkat v4.4.4 latest weekly build
SanDisk 32GB ultra class10

Not using that folder app and SD worked normally before slimkat so I assume it's rom bug, and it's sad and I'm thinking about going back to stock. And one more thing - installed SD monitor and SD unmounts on screen off and then remounts when you turn screen back on. As no problems were detected on stock kitkat I think it's another bug of slimkat. Where can I report it?
16th September 2014, 01:49 AM |#5  
muiriddin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mid-Atlantic
Thanks Meter: 145
 
More
I do not trust SanDisk anymore. Most of my earlier trouble was caused by a bad card that failed way to early from them.
16th September 2014, 01:49 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Košice
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I trust sandisk more than anything, but this case was just coincidence. My problem was resolved, when I downgraded back to 4.2.2 stock and then I could do what I wanted, currently I have slimkat again and almost 24hours no unmounts
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes