Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Updating GPE failed via sideload now no ADB connection

Tip us?

gunnyman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,660

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Updating GPE failed via sideload now no ADB connection

Device charges but that's all.
Nothing detected in USB devices. I tried factory reset and different cables. No good.

I get no Android file transfer program ( I'm on a mac) when I plug into USB.

Any ideas?
Uncle Gunny says, "MAKE A NANDROID"
LG G2 Uncarriered
LG Gpad 8.3 GPE
Rooted and Xposed
Don't be a d*ck -Wil Wheaton
Unlocking and rooting your HTC One with a Mac
Oh BTW I'm fat.

sleekmason
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnyman View Post
Device charges but that's all.
Nothing detected in USB devices. I tried factory reset and different cables. No good.

I get no Android file transfer program ( I'm on a mac) when I plug into USB.

Any ideas?
I had major problems as well. Remove your SD card and download the 510 stock rom. Reinsert SD card and manually boot in recovery by powering off your device, then holding the down button and powering on your device while still holding the down button. This will put you into your bootloader where you will be able to access recovery and install the 510 stock rom.

of course, if you have a good backup you can skip the last part and once in recovery restore your backup to get you back into action. Look in the developer section for further possible ways to do this there is a full backup that you can install from TWRP that may solve your problem. I was unable to make it work, and am hoping somebody will find an answer for me, but maybe it will work for you!
The Following User Says Thank You to sleekmason For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gunnyman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,660

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekmason View Post
I had major problems as well. Remove your SD card and download the 510 stock rom. Reinsert SD card and manually boot in recovery by powering off your device, then holding the down button and powering on your device while still holding the down button. This will put you into your bootloader where you will be able to access recovery and install the 510 stock rom.

of course, if you have a good backup you can skip the last part and once in recovery restore your backup to get you back into action. Look in the developer section for further possible ways to do this there is a full backup that you can install from TWRP that may solve your problem. I was unable to make it work, and am hoping somebody will find an answer for me, but maybe it will work for you!
Turns out all three of he usb cables I tried were bad
Got that fixed.
Uncle Gunny says, "MAKE A NANDROID"
LG G2 Uncarriered
LG Gpad 8.3 GPE
Rooted and Xposed
Don't be a d*ck -Wil Wheaton
Unlocking and rooting your HTC One with a Mac
Oh BTW I'm fat.