29th June 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville SC
Thanks Meter: 2,673

7,893 posts
Donate to Me
More
Device charges but that's all.
Nothing detected in USB devices. I tried factory reset and different cables. No good.

I get no Android file transfer program ( I'm on a mac) when I plug into USB.

Any ideas?
29th June 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #2  
Flag Fayetteville
Thanks Meter: 244

502 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnyman

Device charges but that's all.
Nothing detected in USB devices. I tried factory reset and different cables. No good.

I get no Android file transfer program ( I'm on a mac) when I plug into USB.

Any ideas?

I had major problems as well. Remove your SD card and download the 510 stock rom. Reinsert SD card and manually boot in recovery by powering off your device, then holding the down button and powering on your device while still holding the down button. This will put you into your bootloader where you will be able to access recovery and install the 510 stock rom.

of course, if you have a good backup you can skip the last part and once in recovery restore your backup to get you back into action. Look in the developer section for further possible ways to do this there is a full backup that you can install from TWRP that may solve your problem. I was unable to make it work, and am hoping somebody will find an answer for me, but maybe it will work for you!
The Following User Says Thank You to sleekmason For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville SC
Thanks Meter: 2,673

7,893 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekmason

I had major problems as well. Remove your SD card and download the 510 stock rom. Reinsert SD card and manually boot in recovery by powering off your device, then holding the down button and powering on your device while still holding the down button. This will put you into your bootloader where you will be able to access recovery and install the 510 stock rom.

of course, if you have a good backup you can skip the last part and once in recovery restore your backup to get you back into action. Look in the developer section for further possible ways to do this there is a full backup that you can install from TWRP that may solve your problem. I was unable to make it work, and am hoping somebody will find an answer for me, but maybe it will work for you!

Turns out all three of he usb cables I tried were bad
Got that fixed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread