Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 44,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]V50020d no recovery yet 4.4 KK!

Tip us?
 
muiriddin
Old
#11  
muiriddin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 197
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensonlf View Post
I used the file included in this post (Step 3)...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8267&nocache=1

I believe it changes the boot img to an older one though, but it is the only method I have found that will work for now.

You will need to modify the runme.bat file to make it run with 20d.

There will be a section in the file that looks like this...

if %FWVER%==4.4.2 (
if /I %MODEL%==LG-V500 (
if /I %FWBUILD%==KOT49I.V50020a (
GOTO CheckSU
)
if /I %FWBUILD%==KOT49I.V50020b (
GOTO CheckSU
)
)
)
echo.

This is checking for the version of the 4.4.2 on the device and since the version on your tab is 20d it will error out...Just go ahead and change the V50020b to V50020d, save the file and try again.

I then used the .zip file found in this post...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551499

Be sure to download 4.4.2-v500-TWRP_2.7.1.0-recovery.zip.

Let me know if this works for ya.
this is the approach I used. The adb reboot recovery command seems to fail if you do not unplug the cable once the reboot starts.
 
@Sarun
Old
#12  
@Sarun's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dubai
Arrow Problem Solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muiriddin View Post
this is the approach I used. The adb reboot recovery command seems to fail if you do not unplug the cable once the reboot starts.
Thanks hensonlf

Everything worked. But I wanna little help here. If you guys are using ROM other than MAHDI, can you please tell me the lcd density?
 
uzumakisoeoaksan
Old
#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensonlf View Post
I used the file included in this post (Step 3)...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8267&nocache=1

I believe it changes the boot img to an older one though, but it is the only method I have found that will work for now.

You will need to modify the runme.bat file to make it run with 20d.

There will be a section in the file that looks like this...

if %FWVER%==4.4.2 (
if /I %MODEL%==LG-V500 (
if /I %FWBUILD%==KOT49I.V50020a (
GOTO CheckSU
)
if /I %FWBUILD%==KOT49I.V50020b (
GOTO CheckSU
)
)
)
echo.

This is checking for the version of the 4.4.2 on the device and since the version on your tab is 20d it will error out...Just go ahead and change the V50020b to V50020d, save the file and try again.

I then used the .zip file found in this post...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551499

Be sure to download 4.4.2-v500-TWRP_2.7.1.0-recovery.zip.

Let me know if this works for ya.
Thanks
 
muiriddin
Old
#14  
muiriddin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 197
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mid-Atlantic
As you probably know Mahdi runs at 275. Stock runs at 320. Those are the DPI settings I am aware of...
 
Alex.Lovato
Old
(Last edited by Alex.Lovato; 12th July 2014 at 05:04 AM.) Reason: Incorrect spelling
#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Salt Lake City
Default Secure Boot Error!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensonlf View Post
I used the file included in this post (Step 3)...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8267&nocache=1

I believe it changes the boot img to an older one though, but it is the only method I have found that will work for now.

You will need to modify the runme.bat file to make it run with 20d.

There will be a section in the file that looks like this...

if %FWVER%==4.4.2 (
if /I %MODEL%==LG-V500 (
if /I %FWBUILD%==KOT49I.V50020a (
GOTO CheckSU
)
if /I %FWBUILD%==KOT49I.V50020b (
GOTO CheckSU
)
)
)
echo.

This is checking for the version of the 4.4.2 on the device and since the version on your tab is 20d it will error out...Just go ahead and change the V50020b to V50020d, save the file and try again.

I then used the .zip file found in this post...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551499

Be sure to download 4.4.2-v500-TWRP_2.7.1.0-recovery.zip.

Let me know if this works for ya.
I am in the same boat as Sarun so I tried this method, however the results did not bring back the expected outcome. Here is the error I encountered when attempting to access recovery:

Secure Boot Error!
Cause : Device UnLock!, so Boot Success!!

I most likely didn't follow your directions correctly so here's a breakdown of what I did.

I first downloaded the zip file at the beginning of your response, the one in step 3, and changed the code that verified KOT49I.V50020b to KOT49I.V50020d.

Then this is where I might have misunderstood. You mentioned another .zip file and posted a second link. I couldn't find the zip file you were referring to, so I didn't download anything to see if it would work. This was the outcome.

Can you still help me?
 
whatever47
Old
(Last edited by whatever47; 12th July 2014 at 07:37 AM.)
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jan 2014
Have a look over here, #3. Read the Edit for V50020d
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...overy-t2791785
@ALex Lovato
The message (secure boot......)you have on your tablet is ok!
The Following User Says Thank You to whatever47 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Alex.Lovato
Old
#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Salt Lake City
Default It worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever47 View Post
Have a look over here, #3. Read the Edit for V50020d
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...overy-t2791785
@ALex Lovato
The message (secure boot......)you have on your tablet is ok!
So your response mostly worked but what went wrong originally was I forgot to disable my antivirus before running the modified runme.bat. I disabled it temporarily and everything worked! Thanks for your help!

Tags
recovery, root
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes