Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,898 Members 48,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I want to install Google Play Edition on my V500

Tip us?

velein
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] I want to install Google Play Edition on my V500

Hello Guys
I bought my LG V500 90 days ago. Now I am pretty tired of the stock version of the OS.
I would like to install a standard Google Play Edition ROM - no addons or anything. Basically I want to transform it into a LG V510 with the AOSP google version.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, so I am not really experienced in the LG roms.
Do you have a complete Google Play Edition ROM for the LG V500 you can recommend?
It is important that is without any extra features. I just want a basic Android OS, like the one on the LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition.

Sorry if there are some mistakes in my english.

Thanks

bogdan109
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Hello,
I have AICP Rom. I tried multiple Rom and AICP is much better. Is AOSP basic with a lots of impruvements(AOKP+PARANOID+CYANGENMOD).

Trimis de pe al meu LG-V500 folosind Tapatalk
GT-I9505 = STOCK 4.4.2 with DBT I9505XXUGNF1 ,rooted with Towel Root(KNOX 0x0)
GT-I8190 = STOCK 4.1.2(I used Cyanogem mod but for poor suport i revert back to stock)
V-500 = AICP ROM(for me the best custom rom ever)

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by velein View Post
Hello Guys
I bought my LG V500 90 days ago. Now I am pretty tired of the stock version of the OS.
I would like to install a standard Google Play Edition ROM - no addons or anything. Basically I want to transform it into a LG V510 with the AOSP google version.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, so I am not really experienced in the LG roms.
Do you have a complete Google Play Edition ROM for the LG V500 you can recommend?
It is important that is without any extra features. I just want a basic Android OS, like the one on the LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition.

Sorry if there are some mistakes in my english.

Thanks
You can not install the V510 GPE ROM on the V500. The drivers and hardware are different. The closest you can come is CM11.

velein
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Thanks guys.
I was considering Mahdi Rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581988 but the download link is broken, så i will consider again.
@cam30era i know i can't install THE V510 GPE ROM. I meant a ROM that looked/worked like as if I was using a V510.

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by velein View Post
Thanks guys.
I was considering Mahdi Rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581988 but the download link is broken, så i will consider again.
@cam30era i know i can't install THE V510 GPE ROM. I meant a ROM that looked/worked like as if I was using a V510.
GPE is "pure” AOSP. CM11 is AOSP based and is as close to GPE as you will get.

velein
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
GPE is "pure” AOSP. CM11 is AOSP based and is as close to GPE as you will get.
Thanks - will check out