Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[PROJECT][QPAIR] GMote - A Playback Remote

OP emwno

Announcement from emwno: GMote, a remote for controlling playback on your GPad.
31st October 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 4,501

1,857 posts
More
*This thread will hold the status of the GMote project for the QPair Contest by LG. The development will begin soon (after GPad arrives) and it will be updated as progress is made. Stay tuned!

What's GMote you ask? To put it simply, it's way to use any Android smartphone as a media remote for your GPad (Android to Android).
Meaning you can sit back, relax, connect your GPad to your TV and control media playback from the comfort of your couch.

Description
GMote is not a standalone application, there's actually 2 of them (confusing I know). Anyway, ones for your phone and the other is the companion app for your GPad. A video player for the tablet which will support a wide range of formats. Going on, a remote for the phone with which you could Play, Pause, Volume Control, Scrubbing.

Also, this isn't just a onetime gimmick, it's something that comes in handy when you have a movie on your GPad and you want to watch it on a big screen with your friends and you don't want to turn on your laptop just to transfer it to a USB. I tried to be punny. So if you're a media lover, someone who love to watch movies (emoticon) and tv shows, this project might just be for you.

Interface
With the control app for the Android smartphone, I plan to make to boutiful. You know, eye candy. With the new Material Design and shiny effects *-*. (I'll be uploading mockup screenshots soon).

Features
  • Media Playback
  • Playback Control (Play, Pause, Scrub)
  • Volume Control
  • Multiple format support (DivX/Xvid, WMV, FLV, TS/TP, RMVB, MKV, MOV, M4V, AVI , MP4, 3GP)

How it works?
This project uses the latest LG QPair SDK, if you'd like to know more about it, click here.

XDA:DevDB Information
GMote, Device Specific App for the LG G Pad 8.3

Contributors
emwno

Version Information

Created 2014-10-31
Last Updated 2014-10-31
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emwno For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread