[Rom][LG G Pro2 LP D838 20D/20A TWN/CWT TELECOM/HK/INDONESIA/VIET/SG][ Pure Stockrom]

Search This thread

letschky

mcy8xmh2.jpg

Here is the D838 20A/20D Pure Stock Rom not Root,but you can root it,with Superuser File in Attach Files.
Included Recovery in Chinese Language but you can install the Recovery apk in the Attach Files and the Recovery have English Language.
Install with Aroma Installer

Instruction to Install:

You better be coming from 20D or 20D to install previously the KDZ before reflashing the Rom,otherwise it can lead to problems with the boot img (Wifi not works)
After Flash the 20D KDZ root your GP2 and install Custom Recovery to Flash this Rom

It also works from 20a to 20d, or vice versa

Download D83820D TWN
md5:6d0cd8d5b00226aa0284f3bd0b95849f

Download D83820A CWT Telecom
md5:ea2ed77ab6d3cec4b1f1193eb4090546

md5:f1353701f0fc8a688e8d410f3931478e

md5:f59f4a8196e5b72f5fd4c6e1fbb2ff26

md5:7a953c848a0b27d5ea2f86672a826cf4

Copy the D83820D/20A TWN/CWT Rom in Internal Memory
Boot in Recovery
Make a Backup of your current Rom
Make a Factory Reset (Wipe Data,Cache and Dalvik)
Install the 20A/20D Rom in Aroma Installer
Reboot

Optional:
After install the Rom,install the Superuser Package from Attach Files,to root your Phone and,or install the Recovery apk for English Language Recovery

Rom works fine,Recovery save Backup not in External SD only Internal Memory!

Credits:
Amarullz for Aroma Installer
pereradileepa for Recovery and Unlocked Bootloader
Chainfire for Root SuperSU

This Mod Smaler Navbar works on 20D Rom,at 20a I have not tried it. Thanks to htsnorman

I am not responsible for damage to the GP2 case something goes wrong!

Letschky LRS Rom

Version Information
Version: 1.0
Release Date: 2015-05-28

Created 2015-06-23
Last Updated 2015-06-23

Attachments

• F350D838RECOVERY_KK_LOLLIPOP.apk
    11.1 MB · Views: 2,388
  • UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,676
Last edited:

aftermath85

May 24, 2013
Manila
@letschky Can i flash this in the recovery after i full wipe?(im using digital minds 4.4.2)
how can i install this rom coming from digital minds, can i flash the firmware only? sorry noob here..thanks..

Last edited:

letschky

@letschky Can i flash this in the recovery after i full wipe?(im using digital minds 4.4.2)
how can i install this rom coming from digital minds, can i flash the firmware only? sorry noob here..thanks..

I'm not sure if you can install it from kitkat.
I install the Lollipop Kdz,root and install the LP Recovery.
Install the Rom here and flash Supersu after install this Rom,works fine.
I test this later from Kitkat.

Reactions: aftermath85

milance92

Dec 1, 2011
GB
meettomy.site

I was on future 3.3 and i flashed this rom with philz ...everything works absolutely fine . Great work mate ;)

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

yey! thanks @letschky.. i already flashed this rom so far its good :) hope it has great batt life.
can we use xposed in this rom?

U first have to flash xposedhelper.zip then u have to flash xposed.zip from official page, then u install app xposed, then reboot and use xposed. Notice that all modules dont work with lolipop :) U can find my thread about how to install xposed on our 838 and f350 :)

aftermath85

May 24, 2013
Manila
U first have to flash xposedhelper.zip then u have to flash xposed.zip from official page, then u install app xposed, then reboot and use xposed. Notice that all modules dont work with lolipop :) U can find my thread about how to install xposed on our 838 and f350 :)

Thanks for this info.. ^___^
Edit: I already tried it, after flashing the exposedhelper it FC’s the smartcover & other apps, so i reflash the rom again

I was on future 3.3 and i flashed this rom with philz ...everything works absolutely fine . Great work mate ;)

Thanks Man,is good to hear this!
I will make flashable Stockrom for F350 Series,but i can't test this Rom,i have only D838.

Im loving your rom now.. thanks
hope for future update.. like clock positioning^^

Last edited:

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
@letschky Hi, I am new with lg (always used samsung)..
Device si great, I have rooted it with 1click root on lollipop
Now I want to install your rom, but it is clear to me I need recovery.
I am confused- which recovery to use (to be on english, with backup / recovery if possibile)
I have d838 with 20a software
What is difference between this rom and stock-is with aroma to exclude some bloatware?
Thanks for help. sorry for novice questions. later i will install your rom (I need help again, which version to take???)

Last edited:

letschky

@letschky Hi, I am new with lg (always used samsung)..
Device si great, I have rooted it with 1click root on lollipop
Now I want to install your rom, but it is clear to me I need recovery.
I am confused- which recovery to use (to be on english, with backup / recovery if possibile)
I have d838 with 20a software
What is difference between this rom and stock-is with aroma to exclude some bloatware?
Thanks for help. sorry for novice questions. later i will install your rom (I need help again, which version to take???)

Ok,my D838 has Original 20a Version from CWT Telecom.Has many Bloatware on it.
I flash the 20d Taiwan without Bloatware and works fine.
Install the Recovery apk from first Post in Attachment.
Reboot in Recovery,make a Factory Reset and install the Rom what you want,20a or d.
After flashing the Rom,install the Supersu zip in Recovery (Download on Attachment in Op)and Reboot.
Set your settings and than install the Recovery apk again,Recovery has English Language.(Original has this Rom Chinese Language Reeovery)

Reactions: ivanox1972

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
this recovery not works . I install it but when say reboot recovery, phone sticks on lg logo. I need other recovery for 1. installation
edit: may be I have installed it well but not know how to enter it

Last edited:

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
Ok, I stack on lg logo. Just tell me how to enter recovery, I think it is there... Btw I have exactly same model as you.
Checked...

Aug 14, 2006
NY
Works on the Indian D838 model!

I have the D838 16G for India. Flashed this 20D TWN zip last night and I find that it works wonderfully. I was previously running the stock 4.4 ROM that came with the phone (10f version) rooted with Towelroot. I followed these steps in case someone with the Indian phone is wondering:

1. Copy the ROM zip, SuperSU zip and Recovery APK into your phone's internal storage.
2. Assuming your phone is already rooted, install the Recovery APK from a file manager.
3. Open the installed app, and flash recovery. Reboot into recovery from inside the app.
4. Once the phone reboots into recovery, do Factory Reset. I did "Clean for installing new ROM" too but that's optional, I guess.
5. Flash the ROM zip. This automatically opens the Aroma Installer and does its job.
6. Flash the SuperSU zip.
7. Reboot and enjoy Lollipop!

The phone may seem stuck at the LG Logo for a while, but give it about 2-3 minutes; it works.

I've been setting up the phone and apps, and everything works buttery smooth. Knock code works even better on Lollipop. Wifi, Bluetooth and 3G work flawlessly. Battery Life seems be worse, but I'll report back after using the ROM for a few days (after letting the ROM settle down and a calibration maybe) I usually get ~5 hours of screen on time on KK, but on LP I'm already at 37% with screen on time of 2 hours.

Thanks @letschky for your work, Appreciate it! You gave my phone new life after LG had forgotten us Indian users with the D838.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mcy8xmh2.jpg

Here is the D838 20A/20D Pure Stock Rom not Root,but you can root it,with Superuser File in Attach Files.
    Included Recovery in Chinese Language but you can install the Recovery apk in the Attach Files and the Recovery have English Language.
    Install with Aroma Installer

Instruction to Install:

You better be coming from 20D or 20D to install previously the KDZ before reflashing the Rom,otherwise it can lead to problems with the boot img (Wifi not works)
    After Flash the 20D KDZ root your GP2 and install Custom Recovery to Flash this Rom

It also works from 20a to 20d, or vice versa

Download D83820D TWN
    md5:6d0cd8d5b00226aa0284f3bd0b95849f

Download D83820A CWT Telecom

md5:f1353701f0fc8a688e8d410f3931478e

md5:f59f4a8196e5b72f5fd4c6e1fbb2ff26

md5:7a953c848a0b27d5ea2f86672a826cf4

Copy the D83820D/20A TWN/CWT Rom in Internal Memory
    Boot in Recovery
    Make a Backup of your current Rom
    Make a Factory Reset (Wipe Data,Cache and Dalvik)
    Install the 20A/20D Rom in Aroma Installer
    Reboot

Optional:
    After install the Rom,install the Superuser Package from Attach Files,to root your Phone and,or install the Recovery apk for English Language Recovery

Rom works fine,Recovery save Backup not in External SD only Internal Memory!

Credits:
    Amarullz for Aroma Installer
    pereradileepa for Recovery and Unlocked Bootloader
    Chainfire for Root SuperSU

This Mod Smaler Navbar works on 20D Rom,at 20a I have not tried it. Thanks to htsnorman

I am not responsible for damage to the GP2 case something goes wrong!

Letschky LRS Rom

Version Information
    Version: 1.0
    Release Date: 2015-05-28

Created 2015-06-23
    Last Updated 2015-06-23
    Ok,i install the Kitkat KDZ root with Stumproot and install Recovery apk.
    Reboot in Recovery make a Factory Reset and install D83820D and Supersu zip.
    Reboot and it works.

I hope i can help you with this.
    @letschky
    I need small help. i installed this rom few months ago, worked great w/o problems. Also, I made very healthy backup same day when I installed and made basic setup. Yesterday I made some mass on rom and was forced to reinstall, but I decide to just restore- my backup was exactly what I needed... I made full wipe from recovery and restored w/o problems. But 1 problem: wifi can not be swith on- when turn it on it just trying and trying and fail on the end. is there any solution just to start it- I do not want to reinstall everything, just this reason...
    thanks

edit:
    fixed
    From the Terminal app.

# rm -rf /data/misc/wifi && reboot
    Works on the Indian D838 model!

I have the D838 16G for India. Flashed this 20D TWN zip last night and I find that it works wonderfully. I was previously running the stock 4.4 ROM that came with the phone (10f version) rooted with Towelroot. I followed these steps in case someone with the Indian phone is wondering:

1. Copy the ROM zip, SuperSU zip and Recovery APK into your phone's internal storage.
    2. Assuming your phone is already rooted, install the Recovery APK from a file manager.
    3. Open the installed app, and flash recovery. Reboot into recovery from inside the app.
    4. Once the phone reboots into recovery, do Factory Reset. I did "Clean for installing new ROM" too but that's optional, I guess.
    5. Flash the ROM zip. This automatically opens the Aroma Installer and does its job.
    6. Flash the SuperSU zip.
    7. Reboot and enjoy Lollipop!

The phone may seem stuck at the LG Logo for a while, but give it about 2-3 minutes; it works.

I've been setting up the phone and apps, and everything works buttery smooth. Knock code works even better on Lollipop. Wifi, Bluetooth and 3G work flawlessly. Battery Life seems be worse, but I'll report back after using the ROM for a few days (after letting the ROM settle down and a calibration maybe) I usually get ~5 hours of screen on time on KK, but on LP I'm already at 37% with screen on time of 2 hours.

Thanks @letschky for your work, Appreciate it! You gave my phone new life after LG had forgotten us Indian users with the D838.