Ask a question

No registration required

Warning about sim card adapters

OP Kieran1981

22nd July 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

38 posts
My LG G Pro 2 I bought a few weeks ago is broken. The reason is because I took the nano sim out of my iPhone 5s which I have now sold, and put the nano sim in a micro sim adapter and placed in the LG. When I removed it, the nano sim fell out and the adapter hooked onto the sim card reader pins and broken them when I removed the adapter. Tried getting it repaired but no one seems to be able to. Have had to purchase a second one, as I really like this phone. The broken phone still works, it just can't accept sim cards, so its now essentially just a 5.9 inch tablet. If anyone is interested in making me an offer on it as spares and repairs then let me know, I will be listing it on ebay in the coming days. An expensive mistake I'll never repeat. I have got a new micro sim from Three network for the replacement G Pro 2, and I'll never use a sim card adapter again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kieran1981 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 156

781 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran1981

My LG G Pro 2 I bought a few weeks ago is broken. The reason is because I took the nano sim out of my iPhone 5s which I have now sold, and put the nano sim in a micro sim adapter and placed in the LG. When I removed it, the nano sim fell out and the adapter hooked onto the sim card reader pins and broken them when I removed the adapter. Tried getting it repaired but no one seems to be able to. Have had to purchase a second one, as I really like this phone. The broken phone still works, it just can't accept sim cards, so its now essentially just a 5.9 inch tablet. If anyone is interested in making me an offer on it as spares and repairs then let me know, I will be listing it on ebay in the coming days. An expensive mistake I'll never repeat. I have got a new micro sim from Three network for the replacement G Pro 2, and I'll never use a sim card adapter again.

That's too bad. I hope you're lucky with your new phone. I would have ordered a new one as well as I really like this phone so much. I use a micro-sim adapter myself as I had a Lumia 1520 before but that screen is so bad and Windows phone hasn't convinced me. It's still too slow for apps like parking apps. The G Pro 2 is the best phone I ever had until now with a great user experience even without CyanogenMod. Thanks for warning me.
28th July 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet X

That's too bad. I hope you're lucky with your new phone. I would have ordered a new one as well as I really like this phone so much. I use a micro-sim adapter myself as I had a Lumia 1520 before but that screen is so bad and Windows phone hasn't convinced me. It's still too slow for apps like parking apps. The G Pro 2 is the best phone I ever had until now with a great user experience even without CyanogenMod. Thanks for warning me.

Just listed the one with the broken sim reader on eBay UK for those who are interested. The replacement I got has a flickering screen after 10 or 15 minutes of use so getting it exchanged for a new one. It will be my THIRD G Pro 2 in as many weeks lol.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread