Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,824 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Warning about sim card adapters

Tip us?

Kieran1981
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Warning about sim card adapters

My LG G Pro 2 I bought a few weeks ago is broken. The reason is because I took the nano sim out of my iPhone 5s which I have now sold, and put the nano sim in a micro sim adapter and placed in the LG. When I removed it, the nano sim fell out and the adapter hooked onto the sim card reader pins and broken them when I removed the adapter. Tried getting it repaired but no one seems to be able to. Have had to purchase a second one, as I really like this phone. The broken phone still works, it just can't accept sim cards, so its now essentially just a 5.9 inch tablet. If anyone is interested in making me an offer on it as spares and repairs then let me know, I will be listing it on ebay in the coming days. An expensive mistake I'll never repeat. I have got a new micro sim from Three network for the replacement G Pro 2, and I'll never use a sim card adapter again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kieran1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Planet X
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran1981 View Post
My LG G Pro 2 I bought a few weeks ago is broken. The reason is because I took the nano sim out of my iPhone 5s which I have now sold, and put the nano sim in a micro sim adapter and placed in the LG. When I removed it, the nano sim fell out and the adapter hooked onto the sim card reader pins and broken them when I removed the adapter. Tried getting it repaired but no one seems to be able to. Have had to purchase a second one, as I really like this phone. The broken phone still works, it just can't accept sim cards, so its now essentially just a 5.9 inch tablet. If anyone is interested in making me an offer on it as spares and repairs then let me know, I will be listing it on ebay in the coming days. An expensive mistake I'll never repeat. I have got a new micro sim from Three network for the replacement G Pro 2, and I'll never use a sim card adapter again.
That's too bad. I hope you're lucky with your new phone. I would have ordered a new one as well as I really like this phone so much. I use a micro-sim adapter myself as I had a Lumia 1520 before but that screen is so bad and Windows phone hasn't convinced me. It's still too slow for apps like parking apps. The G Pro 2 is the best phone I ever had until now with a great user experience even without CyanogenMod. Thanks for warning me.
LG G3 - D855 32GB - stock rooted
...and lots of flashgood before

................and lots of flashgood before

Kieran1981
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet X View Post
That's too bad. I hope you're lucky with your new phone. I would have ordered a new one as well as I really like this phone so much. I use a micro-sim adapter myself as I had a Lumia 1520 before but that screen is so bad and Windows phone hasn't convinced me. It's still too slow for apps like parking apps. The G Pro 2 is the best phone I ever had until now with a great user experience even without CyanogenMod. Thanks for warning me.
Just listed the one with the broken sim reader on eBay UK for those who are interested. The replacement I got has a flickering screen after 10 or 15 minutes of use so getting it exchanged for a new one. It will be my THIRD G Pro 2 in as many weeks lol.