Ask a question

No registration required

Poor WiFi performance

OP Kieran1981

4th July 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

38 posts
I got my G Pro 2 the other day and have noticed after messing with it for a few hours that the WiFi performance is slow and the signal not as good as my other devices. I get around 10 Mbps on my other 3 devices, on the LG I struggle to get 5mbps. I tested it after I kept waiting for pages to load and would have to select the page again and it would work straight away. It's like WiFi just hangs. Anyone having this issue? I disabled battery saving and stop scanning for new networks but it didn't make a difference.
4th July 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

38 posts
Another problem I get is if I switch phone off and back on again, auto brightness unchecks itself and vibrate on touching screen turns itself on, even though I unchecked it.
4th July 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #3  
Flag Hornsea
Thanks Meter: 308

1,730 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran1981

Another problem I get is if I switch phone off and back on again, auto brightness unchecks itself and vibrate on touching screen turns itself on, even though I unchecked it.

Neither of your two issues should be occurring, I most certainly don't have them on my device. Have you tried a factory reset?
4th July 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsie41

Neither of your two issues should be occurring, I most certainly don't have them on my device. Have you tried a factory reset?

Just tried it and it hasnt made a difference, I did a full factory refresh too. Its the wifi thing thats annoying me the most. Ill try using another router and see if that makes a difference.

What are your opinions on the LG browser vs the Chrome browser? Ill miss the swiping back and forward a page gestures in the iphone, I thought android did that too, but it doesnt look like it does.
Last edited by Kieran1981; 4th July 2014 at 10:40 AM.
4th July 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #5  
Flag Hornsea
Thanks Meter: 308

1,730 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Just tried it and it hasnt made a difference, I did a full factory refresh too. Its the wifi thing thats annoying me the most. Ill try using another router and see if that makes a difference.

What are your opinions on the LG browser vs the Chrome browser? Ill miss the swiping back and forward a page gestures in the iphone, I thought android did that too, but it doesnt look like it does.

I've never been a fan of the chrome browser but plenty are so try for yourself and see. On the stock browser there is a number in the top right which is how many pages that you have open. Touch this and you can swipe between them.
Look on the bright side, at least now when you open a web page, you will be able to see, it unlike on the iPhone.
6th July 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

93 posts
im facing the same as u. other tablets and phone seems to be good signal but my g pro 2 tends to lose signal totally at times or 1 bar signal only.
which leads me to this thread after some googling. lol
7th July 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

54 posts
Quote:

I got my G Pro 2 the other day and have noticed after messing with it for a few hours that the WiFi performance is slow and the signal not as good as my other devices. I get around 10 Mbps on my other 3 devices, on the LG I struggle to get 5mbps. I tested it after I kept waiting for pages to load and would have to select the page again and it would work straight away. It's like WiFi just hangs. Anyone having this issue? I disabled battery saving and stop scanning for new networks but it didn't make a difference.

Have you checked whether your phone is connecting to 2.4 or 5Ghz wifi? The 5Ghz makes quite a big difference with mine, but it's not always obvious which one your phone is using...
21st July 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
More
Smile Dont know WHY ???
Quote:

Hi,

Tthe first thing that i tested on this device is the speed. Sorry to say, but i think you are one of the few people who might have received a defected piece. I have tested this device and after a lot of research I've planned to buy one...(between LG G Pro 2 and a Note 3). Internet speed (rather app response speed) is much better compared to other phones(mainly Note 3) I am somewhat (personally) against Samsung. However, The LG G Pro 2 does not disappoint when it comes to speed. Try a factory reset or try upgrading your system. Kind of sure it might work....

All the best...

---------- Post added 21st July 2014 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 20th July 2014 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavolo

im facing the same as u. other tablets and phone seems to be good signal but my g pro 2 tends to lose signal totally at times or 1 bar signal only.
which leads me to this thread after some googling. lol

Have you tried a factory reset...? Works most of the times.....Or try upgrading your firmware .....
7th August 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

34 posts
More
Did the problem. Solved
I also have the same problem of wifi .. So did your problem solve and if yes then how?
8th August 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #10  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 6

49 posts
More
Could be the router, My wifi performance is blazing fast on Linksys e3200. I do know a few people who had issues with "incompatibility" between phone and router. The problem is solved with different, usually newer router.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread