Homescreen icon refresh/redraw after unlocking the phone.

OP Yx0

21st February 2015, 07:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi,

I got this phone already with Lollipop and I noticed annoying behavour. After some time of usage, when I unlock the phone all the homescreen icons and weather widget refresh for a scond.. That happens all the time. If J close all the apps via taskmanger then its ok for a while and then happens all over again. Anyone else noticed the same behavior? Looks like lollipop mem usgae problem... 😞
22nd February 2015, 12:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 7

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yx0

Hi,

I got this phone already with Lollipop and I noticed annoying behavour. After some time of usage, when I unlock the phone all the homescreen icons and weather widget refresh for a scond.. That happens all the time. If J close all the apps via taskmanger then its ok for a while and then happens all over again. Anyone else noticed the same behavior? Looks like lollipop mem usgae problem...

Maybe it's a home launcher problem, try to use Google Now Launcher
22nd February 2015, 06:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinoako123

Maybe it's a home launcher problem, try to use Google Now Launcher

I do like LG launcher and want to stay with it. I just want to understand if this is my device specific problem
23rd February 2015, 10:17 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

40 posts
More
i have too. it was older 4.4.2 rom too.
sorry my english

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yx0

I do like LG launcher and want to stay with it. I just want to understand if this is my device specific problem

23rd February 2015, 05:38 PM   |  #5  
Flag Faisalabad

5 posts
More
Don't worry this is completely normal ..... It is software issue as the LG doesn't lock its launcher app into memory .... so when you exit out of an app (especially graphic/memory intensive) the launcher reloads itself into memory hence widgets and app icon flickers/refresh .... if you use smart notice widget i suggest to remove it from home screen as it uses memory ..... third party launchers such as Nova or even Google now launcher have memory locking feature ..... i hope some day LG clear this issues as new LG (G3) UI is currently the best UI in mobile space (my opinion)
23rd February 2015, 06:48 PM   |  #6  
Flag Hornsea
Thanks Meter: 317

1,747 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yx0

Hi,

I got this phone already with Lollipop and I noticed annoying behavour. After some time of usage, when I unlock the phone all the homescreen icons and weather widget refresh for a scond.. That happens all the time. If J close all the apps via taskmanger then its ok for a while and then happens all over again. Anyone else noticed the same behavior? Looks like lollipop mem usgae problem...

This was a very big problem on the LG G3 however I have no such problem on my G Pro 2 running Lollipop. I assumed it was a lack of ram issue as my G3 only had 2gb and my G Pro 2 has 3 so I am very surprised to hear that you are having this issue.
23rd February 2015, 09:33 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Thanks for the replys guys. If this is software issue (looks like it is) am very disappointed by LG. And about removing widget, it really not the point since this phone has fast CPU and 3gb RAM and it can deffinately handle it...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread