Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 48,999 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

screen tint

Tip us?

tainka
Old
(Last edited by tainka; 24th July 2014 at 07:04 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default screen tint

Hello!!!
Is your screen has pure white colors with a little of bluish tint or a maybe yellow one? Is the white color cold or warm? You can check and see the screen tint if you open the stock lg calculator and look on the top part (the screen where the numbers are written)
Thank you!!!

straycat
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Yellow here.

tainka
Old
(Last edited by tainka; 25th July 2014 at 10:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
mine too I had LG G2 before and it had pure white tone... I prefer the cooler tones. I would like to see more answers....

hakz
Old
Thanks Meter 9
yellow for me too. Actually, the hue shifts when you place it on a table or so, then spin the unit slowly. It's making me nuts
LT15i - PG86100 - H120 - N7100 - N900S - E250S - C6806 - N7505 - D838

tainka
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
so all the units of g pro 2 have yellow tint?

rowihel2012
Old
Thanks Meter 35
yea me too but i love the screen it is great

ray-lee
Old
Thanks Meter 3
well if you follow the OP and use the calculator app, and look at the "top part where the numbers are written"... then yes, everyone will be yellow, since the app itself is a yellow/green colour at the top. the bottom part where the numbers you press are, it's a grey colour.

I'm not sure how that is a reliable method to check screen tint.

surely, you'd use turn the brightness to 100% then use the LG "hidden menu" screen test to bring up a white screen to see if it's got any tint? which, when I do, is a pure white screen. no hint of blue/cool colours/yellow.

tainka
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray-lee View Post
well if you follow the OP and use the calculator app, and look at the "top part where the numbers are written"... then yes, everyone will be yellow, since the app itself is a yellow/green colour at the top. the bottom part where the numbers you press are, it's a grey colour.

I'm not sure how that is a reliable method to check screen tint.

surely, you'd use turn the brightness to 100% then use the LG "hidden menu" screen test to bring up a white screen to see if it's got any tint? which, when I do, is a pure white screen. no hint of blue/cool colours/yellow.
on my lg g2 the top part of the calculator was grey and not yellowish. the app itself is light grey on the bottom and darker grey on the top.