[Q] Strangely bricked phone

Search This thread

nmarc72

Jan 8, 2015
Hello to everyone.
I have phone LG g pro 2 D838 made in Korea, that has strange symptoms. When it boots, appear screen with keyboard and input box with text ''Enter PIN/password to decrypt 30/30 attempts remaining". After I entered some code, it shows "29/30 attempts remaining, and no matter how many times wrong code is entered, still remains 29/30. Download mode working, and I try to flash latest stock rom 10f, but nothing happened. Then I try stock roms 10a, 10b and 10d, but still nothing. Next to the download mode, I have a recovery mode, in which there is no menu. In this mode, it is possible to access phone with ADB, but everything is read only, and system is not mounted. I can list folder contents, but I can't push or pull, and when i try to use shell, I get a message " -exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory", because system partition is not mounted. ADB Remount generate error " remount failed: Success ". I forgot to mention that every time when i try to flash stock rom, in box on phone display was written, in red letters, 'ROOTED'. I guess that unroot is not succeeded . Also suppose that possible solution is to flash some custom rom with recovery, but i can do that only if I have it in KDZ format. Does anyone know how to make a custom rom in KDZ format, or someone already has it? Does anyone know some other solution?
IMG_20100101_092319.jpg

IMG_20100101_092608.jpg

IMG_20100101_092702.jpg

IMG_20100101_092947.jpg

IMG_20100101_093306.jpg

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2014
From what it looks like, you've encrypted your phone. That explains the password on startup and the unmounted system.
If you don't know your encryption password, you have a bit of a problem on your hands.
From what I know, there's no way to hack into or change your phone when it's encrypted.

nmarc72

Jan 8, 2015
From what it looks like, you've encrypted your phone. That explains the password on startup and the unmounted system.
If you don't know your encryption password, you have a bit of a problem on your hands.
From what I know, there's no way to hack into or change your phone when it's encrypted.

In first, thank you on reply ,Turtle_Cookies.
If the phone is encrypted, it should be possible to reset it to factory settings. The user data is encrypted, so it would delete them and set to the default settings, and that should recover the phone. On the other hand, I can access to certain directories by ADB (like etc,sys), but can't change it. Am I right?