5,815,061 Members 37,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any way for LG G2 screen mirroring (to a VGA output)..help!

Tip us?

raulx222
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Any way for LG G2 screen mirroring (to a VGA output)..help!

I'm looking for a convertor or something like this, to mirror my LG G2's screen to a VGA pc monitor.
I found this things: - Slimport MyDP To VGA Converter Adapter Cable For LG Optimus G Pro/G 2 AC161 HYDP http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123
and this - Micro USB MHL to VGA + Audio Adapter Cable for Samsung Galaxy S2 SII i9100 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

The slimport i think it's working, but i don't see the audio output port o.O..and the MHL to VGA i don't know if it's working on LG G2, and i read somewhere that is imposible to be MHL to VGA, because MHL works only to HDMI ( "MHL only supports HDMI so donít expect to see MHL to VGA or DisplayPort adapters (but you can of course get a separate HDMI to VGA adapter") .

So.. just Slimport is working with LG G2? and i can connect a VGA monitor to it? and audio isn't supported by slimport?..and please tell me if that Slimport from ebay is a working one and if worth buying it

Thanks

soundgirl101
Old
Thanks Meter 163
So.. just Slimport is working with LG G2? and i can connect a VGA monitor to it? and audio isn't supported by slimport?..and please tell me if that Slimport from ebay is a working one and if worth buying it

Thanks [/QUOTE]

MHL is not supported on the LG G2. Video is only available via slimport!! I use audio from headphone jack and feed to appropriate preamp!! I've had no problems with slimport feeding 15 pin vga, dvi, or hdmi

LG G2 vs98025B
CM11 TWRP 2.7.1.0 Holofied

Razr Maxx xt912
CM11 JBX SS 3.73 Slot 1

Razr M xt907 (Unlocked)
LS 3.0

ZeniThink zt280-z102
Rooted ICS

http://qoinpro.com/4e30be5926de52f60e3e1367d762273b
The Following User Says Thank You to soundgirl101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raulx222
Old
(Last edited by raulx222; 3rd August 2014 at 02:39 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgirl101 View Post

Thanks
MHL is not supported on the LG G2. Video is only available via slimport!! I use audio from headphone jack and feed to appropriate preamp!! I've had no problems with slimport feeding 15 pin vga, dvi, or hdmi [/QUOTE]

Aand..is there any way to connect simultaneously with the slimport a controller or mouse/keyboard?..i searched on ebay and i didn't find splitters to can connect 2 micro usb to phone..to combine the 2 micro USB in 1 to can connect it to my phone

Something like this
Is this possible?

EDIT: ohh..i don't think this will work..i saw that this is only possible with a miracast dongle

hotrodwinston
Old
Thanks Meter 113
USB otg won't be possible with slimport but you can use Bluetooth mouse/keyboard while using slimport.
Remember there is a difference between a newb asking questions and a noob question!
I'm a senior member now? When the heck did that happen?

Phones:
mine:VZW lg g2 stock

wife:VZW lg g2 stock

previous:
VZW G'nex - htc inspire 4g (red) - mytouch3g - lg incite - htc wizard

Tablet:
Nexus7 slimkat all f2fs
Wife: nexus 7 stock
Previous: Toshiba thrive
The Following User Says Thank You to hotrodwinston For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

squee666
Old
Thanks Meter 70
what he means is audio is available via slimport just not to a vga monitor you will have to separately connect that to an external speaker.

if it was to hdmi audio would be fine