Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Any way for LG G2 screen mirroring (to a VGA output)..help!

OP raulx222

3rd August 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oradea
Thanks Meter: 21

144 posts
More
I'm looking for a convertor or something like this, to mirror my LG G2's screen to a VGA pc monitor.
I found this things: - Slimport MyDP To VGA Converter Adapter Cable For LG Optimus G Pro/G 2 AC161 HYDP http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123
and this - Micro USB MHL to VGA + Audio Adapter Cable for Samsung Galaxy S2 SII i9100 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

The slimport i think it's working, but i don't see the audio output port o.O..and the MHL to VGA i don't know if it's working on LG G2, and i read somewhere that is imposible to be MHL to VGA, because MHL works only to HDMI ( "MHL only supports HDMI so donít expect to see MHL to VGA or DisplayPort adapters (but you can of course get a separate HDMI to VGA adapter") .

So.. just Slimport is working with LG G2? and i can connect a VGA monitor to it? and audio isn't supported by slimport?..and please tell me if that Slimport from ebay is a working one and if worth buying it

Thanks
3rd August 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag Frederic
Thanks Meter: 175

204 posts
More
So.. just Slimport is working with LG G2? and i can connect a VGA monitor to it? and audio isn't supported by slimport?..and please tell me if that Slimport from ebay is a working one and if worth buying it

Thanks [/QUOTE]

MHL is not supported on the LG G2. Video is only available via slimport!! I use audio from headphone jack and feed to appropriate preamp!! I've had no problems with slimport feeding 15 pin vga, dvi, or hdmi
The Following User Says Thank You to soundgirl101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oradea
Thanks Meter: 21

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgirl101

Thanks

MHL is not supported on the LG G2. Video is only available via slimport!! I use audio from headphone jack and feed to appropriate preamp!! I've had no problems with slimport feeding 15 pin vga, dvi, or hdmi [/QUOTE]

Aand..is there any way to connect simultaneously with the slimport a controller or mouse/keyboard?..i searched on ebay and i didn't find splitters to can connect 2 micro usb to phone..to combine the 2 micro USB in 1 to can connect it to my phone

Something like this
Is this possible?

EDIT: ohh..i don't think this will work..i saw that this is only possible with a miracast dongle
Last edited by raulx222; 3rd August 2014 at 03:39 PM.
3rd August 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #4  
Flag the dark side
Thanks Meter: 117

425 posts
More
USB otg won't be possible with slimport but you can use Bluetooth mouse/keyboard while using slimport.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotrodwinston For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #5  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 72

274 posts
what he means is audio is available via slimport just not to a vga monitor you will have to separately connect that to an external speaker.

if it was to hdmi audio would be fine
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread