Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,710 Members 44,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] Render Kernel for AOSP ROMs [D80x/LS/VS980/F320x][R3]

Tip us?

Matze060906
Old
(Last edited by Matze060906; Yesterday at 06:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 45
I wanted to give this kernel a new try. Installed it and I've lost non of my paid apps. Is this issue only on a specific device? I've a d802.

BTW, here's a Screenshot from wakelock detector. Is it normal, that power manager have so many wakelocks?

merikgvr4
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Good morning render, will your kernel work with one+ room by vectus? Still on my first recharge with room and wanna try your kernel after a few charges. TIA.
The Following User Says Thank You to merikgvr4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

metalboy94
Old
Thanks Meter 135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_lefisch View Post
Anyone on R3, how is deep sleep for you? I feel like mine isn't going into deep sleep as much as R2.
I lose about 2-3% battery in 7 hours with WiFi on.

Addendum: interactive governor is absolutely fantastic, especially in idle with data on for some reason.
Past
LG P500 Optimus One - CM9 - given away
Samsung i8190 Galaxy S3 mini - stock 4.1.2 rooted - given away
LY-F1 - stock 4.1.1 rooted - Retired

Current
LG D802 G2 - Mahdi ROM + Render kernel
GoClever Terra 70 - stock 4.1.1 rooted
HTC TyTn II - CM6

RenderBroken
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3094

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matze060906 View Post
I wanted to give this kernel a new try. Installed it and I've lost non of my paid apps. Is this issue only on a specific device? I've a d802.

BTW, here's a Screenshot from wakelock detector. Is it normal, that power manager have so many wakelocks?
Weird! It very well could be device specific. 7 carriers fml lol

I dont think that wakelock is normal but it is not causing any adverse effects either. Someone else had brought it to my attention and I will be looking into why its showing so high. Thanks for sharing!
The Following User Says Thank You to RenderBroken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Raagh
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Finally flashed r3 yesterday mahdi latest clean install. Im almost 1 d and a half no reboots. So im very happy. Hopes its stays this way

manager77
Old
Thanks Meter 82
any news about
the ext. sdcard for 320 versions....was fixed

crnkoj
Old
Thanks Meter 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenderBroken View Post
Weird! It very well could be device specific. 7 carriers fml lol

I dont think that wakelock is normal but it is not causing any adverse effects either. Someone else had brought it to my attention and I will be looking into why its showing so high. Thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matze060906 View Post

The power manager wakelocks are just all alarms and partial wake locks together. Out of my experience is best to check with better battery stats, and you will see the app/apps doing it. Mostly it's Google services or some widgets that refresh in the background. Nothing really to do with the kernel.
Btw, are there still reboots with r3? I went to vanirs dorimanx cause of those, using Alucard governor and hotplug, which seem to be very effective. I'll probably install a new rom soon and try with r3,or is r4 gonna be released soon - these dissappearing apps still bug me a bit... Have you looked into the ramdisk about it compared to stock Mahdi kernel or vanirs dorimanx where this doesn't seem to happen for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to crnkoj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]